We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

master-detail

The detail table does not update when you use a GridDataBoundGrid within a GridRecordNavigationControl for the master table. I used a previous posted sample for a triple master detail and wrapped the master grid in a GridRecordNavigationControl (see form2 in the attached file).

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 9, 2003 10:45 PM UTC

> The detail table does not update when you use a GridDataBoundGrid within a GridRecordNavigationControl for the master table. > > I used a previous posted sample for a triple master detail and wrapped the master grid in a GridRecordNavigationControl (see form2 in the attached file). > All the grid's must use the same binding context. By default, a grid takes its bindingcontext from its parent. So, the master grid is using the recordnavcontrol's binding context, and the details grid is using the forms bindingcontext. so, try code like: //set the grids this.gridDataBoundGrid1.BindingContext = this.BindingContext; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = parentTable; this.gridDataBoundGrid2.DataSource = parentTable; this.gridDataBoundGrid2.DataMember = "ParentToChild";

JO joe July 10, 2003 07:58 AM UTC

Thanks Clay, that worked. It is actually this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.BindingContext in case someone is checking this out. Joe > > The detail table does not update when you use a GridDataBoundGrid within a GridRecordNavigationControl for the master table. > > > > I used a previous posted sample for a triple master detail and wrapped the master grid in a GridRecordNavigationControl (see form2 in the attached file). > > > > All the grid's must use the same binding context. By default, a grid takes its bindingcontext from its parent. So, the master grid is using the recordnavcontrol's binding context, and the details grid is using the forms bindingcontext. so, try code like: > > > //set the grids > this.gridDataBoundGrid1.BindingContext = this.BindingContext; > > this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource = parentTable; > > this.gridDataBoundGrid2.DataSource = parentTable; > this.gridDataBoundGrid2.DataMember = "ParentToChild"; >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon