We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Named Formulae

Hello,

We are using XlsIO to open Excel files. The excel file has a name which is a formula. We cannot access the values of the formulae using XlsIO.

This is effectively a named cell range, but they can contain formulae as well.

As a simple test we created an Excel 2003 file with a name containing the formula '=3'. We can then use '=formula' in cells and it shows the correct value.

If we open the Excel file using XlsIO we can see 'formula' present in the Workbook.Names collection - but its 'Value' attribute is NULL.

Michael Foord

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Essential XlsIO.

I am afraid. I was not able to reproduce the issue. I created a excel file with a name containing the formula '=3'. Then I used '=formula' in cells. Next I opened the Excel file and accessed the values of the formulae using XlsIO. But I was not able to see its 'Value' attribute NULL.

Here is the output file generated

Samples.xls

Here is the sample for your reference:

NamedFormula.zip

Could you Please take a look at the sample above and kindly let me know if you still find any problem, if not could you please modify this sample so that I can reproduce the issue. This would help me in investigating this issue further.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon