We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AppendPicture results in resized image in pdf

Hi,

In the included example, I am adding 3 images to the document (using paragraph.AppendPicture()).

If you run the example and observe the resulting pdf file, you will see that two images show up on the first page. The second image has been resized so that it can fit on the page.

Is there a way that I can prevent this image from being resized? The behavior I expect is that, since the image will not fit on the first page, it will automatically be put on the second page. Is there a way to control this behavior?

Thank you,
BenT

VS 2005

Pagination.zip

9 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 30, 2007 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the sample. I was able to reproduce the issue. Currently it is not possible to move the image automatically to the next page when the image size exceeds the space available in the page. As the paragraph starts in that page, it renders the image so that it can fit into available space. You have to manually specify the paragraph break as follows to make the image to move to the next page.

paragraph.ParagraphFormat.PageBreakBefore = true;

I will investigate further on this feature and update you in a week time frame.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

BT Ben Tsai March 8, 2007 02:58 PM UTC

Thank you. Can you give me any update on this issue?

>Hi Ben,

Thanks for the sample. I was able to reproduce the issue. Currently it is not possible to move the image automatically to the next page when the image size exceeds the space available in the page. As the paragraph starts in that page, it renders the image so that it can fit into available space. You have to manually specify the paragraph break as follows to make the image to move to the next page.

paragraph.ParagraphFormat.PageBreakBefore = true;

I will investigate further on this feature and update you in a week time frame.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 04:43 AM UTC

Hi BenT,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

This issue has been identified as a bug and has been internally escalated. We will provide a fix time line within two business days.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 13, 2007 05:00 AM UTC

Hi BenT,

Thank you for your patience.

The fix for this issue[Defect #3710] will be available on or before March 17,2007.

Kindly let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Sivasankari

BT Ben Tsai March 16, 2007 12:44 PM UTC

Thanks. I just wanted to clarify:

What I currently see: If there is not enough space for the full image to fit, the image gets resized into the available area.

What I expect: Instead of resizing the image, the image should be appended to the next line where it can be rendered at full size.

Is this the fix that you are working on?

Best regards,
BenT

VS 2005

>Hi BenT,

The fix for this issue[Defect #3710] will be available on or before March 17,2007.

Kindly let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Sivasankari

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 09:20 PM UTC

Hi BenT,

What you have mentioned is correct. Defect #3710 is regarding the issue with image resizing in the same page. Our development team is working on it and they will update you with a solution as mentioned above.

Please let me know if any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 05:07 AM UTC

Hi BenT,

We are working hard to fix this issue and we need about a week to fix this issue because of the complexity of the issue. Please accept this delay.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sivasankari

BT Ben Tsai March 27, 2007 08:35 PM UTC

Hi Sivasankari,

Let me know if you have any updates on this fix. I have opened a Direct-Trac incident for this.

Thank you, BenT

>Hi BenT,

We are working hard to fix this issue and we need about a week to fix this issue because of the complexity of the issue. Please accept this delay.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sivasankari

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 29, 2007 11:36 AM UTC

Hi BenT,

We have updated your Direct Trac incident and we have given more details with work around. Please check the incident.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Best Regards,
Sivasankari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon