We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Preventing resizing of columns from within a covered range. (IgnoreHeaders doesn''t seem to work.)

Hi,
I have a grid with a couple of Row Header rows.

I have merged (added covered ranges) some of the cells of the first Row Header row.

The problem is that the user can still resize the column widths by moving the mouse into the covered range of cells. I.e. the mouse cursor changes to the resize columns cursor, even though the column boundary is not visible within the covered range.

Is this the intended behaviour?

I have tried this:
gridControl1.ResizeColsBehavior = GridResizeCellsBehavior.ResizeSingle | GridResizeCellsBehavior.IgnoreHeaders | GridResizeCellsBehavior.InsideGrid;

IgnoreHeaders doesn't seem to have any effect, as far as I can see.
I hoped that by setting the IgnoreHeaders flag, I could prevent column resizing from within the headers, as a workaround.

By the way, I am using Syncfusion 3.3.0.0

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2007 01:21 PM UTC

You can avoid seeing this sizing cursor by handling the ResizingColumns event.

void gridControl1_ResizingColumns(object sender, GridResizingColumnsEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Reason == GridResizeCellsReason.HitTest)
{
GridRangeInfo range = this.gridControl1.CoveredRanges.FindRange(0, e.Columns.Left);
if (!range.IsEmpty && range.Right != e.Columns.Right)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}
}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon