We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

EditControl throws runtime exception on different machine

I can build and run on my machine which has Syncfusion v 4.1.0.50 installed. When I put my .exe with all dependent Syncfusion .dll files onto another machine without any Syncfusion installed (never was anything installed on it), I get this exception when trying to instantiate the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl object:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Config.Config" threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS1514: { expected
error CS1001: Identifier expected
error CS1031: Type expected
error CS1519: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
error CS1514: { expected
error CS1001: Identifier expected
error CS1031: Type expected
error CS1519: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

Any ideas?

piloterror.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2007 08:29 PM UTC

My computer has .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 and Security update 886903. This control works OK on that computer. A newer computer has .Net Framework without service pack 1, and an equivalent security update named 886904.

I searched the web (how in the world could I have figured this out without Google?) and found that the exception is caused on machines that have 886904 installed. When removed the 886904 hotfix from the computer, it worked. When I put it back, it threw the exception again.

I hope Syncfusion can address this issue in a future release. No other Syncfusion controls that I use have this issue.

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 01:31 AM UTC

Hi Byron,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

We need some information from you regarding this issue.

1) Which Operating System you are using? Service Packs used?

2) Do you have all three (VS.NET 2002, 2003 and 2005) installed? If so, what about their Service Packs?

I tried to install the Fix 886904 downloaded from Microsoft. But I am unable to install it. Could you please provide the requirements for installing this Patch?

We need these details to test this issue.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon