We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Why Snap does not work if I put the GridGroupingControl?

Hi,
I am using Snap in which I have put the GridGroupingControl but when I try to collapse it. Snap collapses but the Grid still left visible instead collpsing with the Snap. Please tell me how I can implement it.

Please tell me.

Warm Regards,
Dhiraj Karmalkar

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2007 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Dhiraj,

Attached is the sample in which the GridGroupingControl is placed inside the 'ContentTemplate' of the Snap Control.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GridInsideSnap_7d6cd1fd.zip

You can 'Expand' and 'Collapse' the Snap Content by using the 'HeaderTemplate' and the 'CollapsedHeaderTemplate' as illustrated in the sample.

Please let us know if you need any futher assistance.

Regards,
Valli.

DH Dhiraj February 2, 2007 06:50 AM UTC

Hi ,
Thanks for the sample application but this not working for me actually since I want the grid to be displayed at page load itself, then I have certain server events at that point, where contents of GGC are changing and also snap should not change state. Again when I tried to click on header I can not able to see the grid rows.

One more thing, Can we able to change status of Snap from Server also?

Please guide me.

Thanks and Regards,
Dhiraj Karmalkar

>Hi Dhiraj,

Attached is the sample in which the GridGroupingControl is placed inside the 'ContentTemplate' of the Snap Control.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GridInsideSnap_7d6cd1fd.zip

You can 'Expand' and 'Collapse' the Snap Content by using the 'HeaderTemplate' and the 'CollapsedHeaderTemplate' as illustrated in the sample.

Please let us know if you need any futher assistance.

Regards,
Valli.

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 08:37 PM UTC

Hi Dhiraj,

We are facing some problem when the GridGroupingcontrol is placed inside the Snap control. The problem is unable to sort or Edit the column when it is placed inside the snap control.But it is working fine when sorting columns is hard coded such as shown below.

//Add the Column city to the sorted column collection.
gc.TableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("City");

We are not sure why this happening. However we will look bit more on this issue and get back to you on or before this tuesday.

Attached is the sample in which the GridGroupingControl is binded in the Page_PreRender event. you can change the status of Snap control from the server side as shown below.

//Will Expands the Snap control
Snap1.IsCollapsed = false;

//Will Collapse the Snap control
Snap1.IsCollapsed = true;

In our sample we achieved this in Button click event.

SnapWithGridGrouping.zip

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

DH Dhiraj February 6, 2007 12:50 PM UTC

Hi
Thanks for help. But please give me that snap control to be loaded in Page Load. I don't want to find that from Code Behind.

Warm Regards,
Dhiraj K

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 6, 2007 11:14 PM UTC

Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks for the update. We are not clear in your pervious query.So Is it possible for you to explain us with more details, so it will help us to solve your issue earlier.As we already stated in our pervious post, we faced some problem when GridGroupingcontrol is placed inside the snap control. so we confirmed this as a bug and logged a bug report in our internal defect tracking system.We have requested our developer to provide more information regarding the timeframe to fix this issue. Hope we can provide you with more information within a 12 days.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

DH Dhiraj February 7, 2007 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Gokulkumar,
Well thanks for taking my request in High priority. I just want to let you know that I have application in some part if not required then it should be minimized and the part which is most important is maximized. So what happening currently is that. Now if I minimized the part then when again go back to server then it comes to normal state that it was there originally. So I tried to use Snap for same so that it would be easier to do. But problmes I am getting are,
1. We can not load Snap with GGC at page load.
2. If try to click on sort from GGC it's not working means it lost it's all the data from GGC.
3. Want to maintain state if it comes back from server.

More related issues that may occur after resolving these issues.

Please tell me if there is any work around for this. I am in great need of it.

Thanks and Regards,
Dhiraj Karmalkar
dhiraj.karmalkar@yahoo.co.in

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 7, 2007 07:17 PM UTC

Hi Dhiraj,

Here is my answer for your queries.

* For your kind notification, we cannot bind the grid on Page_load when it is placed inside the Snap control. Since snap Control does not support to assign the Datasource for the child controls on page load event. Alternatively you can assign it on page_Prerender event.For reference please take a look at our previous sample attached in this thread.
* As we already stated we logged a bug report regarding sorting. since we can't able to sort the column when GridGroup is placed inside the snap control.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 05:55 PM UTC

Hi Dhiraj,

GridGrouping control inside Snab control issue is opened and the fix will be available on or before 09,March 2007.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon