We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

FrozenCount on GGC

Hi,

I have FrozenCount set to be 2 on a GGC, but everytime I programatically show groups on GGC, the frozen columns will take GroupIndentCell into consideration. So the actual fronzen columns for my data will just be the first column. Do I have to reset the FrozenCount everytime grouping is enabled or disabled?

Thanks,

Frank

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 23, 2007 11:53 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

The attached sample demonstrates how to freeze the columns in a grid grouping control that is bound to a hierarchical dataset. This feature will allow you to lock specific columns so that they will always be visible on the screen no matter how far you scroll to the right or down.

Sample : FrozenColumns.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2007 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for your reply. The sample app has a compilation error. It complains TableDescriptor does not contain a definition for FrozenColumn!?

Thanks,

Frank

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2007 03:14 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

The grouping grid currently has no support for freezing columns.The work around to set the frozen columns on the parents GridModel only works if you do have a flat table without any groups and nested tables.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no easy way to get this working.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Notes:

In the Essential Studio 4.4, We have newly added a Frozencolumn property in GridTableDescriptor which you can freeze the columns in a grid grouping control that is bound to a hierarchical dataset. This feature will allow you to lock specific columns so that they will always be visible on the screen no matter how far you scroll to the right or down.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon