We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Databound Grid on Panel

I have developed some databound grid with a filter bar on it. Everything is ok. For some reason I need to place the datagrid on a panel. If I do that the Filter bar will not work... I get the following error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: colIndex I used the samples to create the filter bar and my code looks like this: dsStock = new DataSet(); this.adptStock.Fill(this.dsStock); this.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor; this.dgStock.BeginUpdate(); this.dgStock.DataSource = dsStock.Tables[0]; this.dgStock.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Row(0), GridResizeToFitOptions.NoShrinkSize); this.dgFilterBar = new GridFilterBar(); this.dgFilterBar.WireGrid(this.dgStock); this.dgStock.EndUpdate(); this.Cursor = Cursors.Arrow; The debugger highlights this line when the error strikes: this.dgStock.EndUpdate(); Again without the panel everything is perfect. The filter bar does the job.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2003 04:01 PM UTC

The grid inherits its binding context from its parent so try setting the grid's BindingContext to the BindingContext of the form to see if that makes things work. this.dgStock.BindingContext = this.BindingContext;

XP XP July 6, 2003 07:43 PM UTC

It works. Thanks again Clay!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon