We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC Dynamic Levels

Hi,

I have a datatable that is a self referencing table - i.e. Has a column named "ID" and column named "parentID". There is a relationship that is setup between the columns. Essentially a treeview is what I am trying to achieve.

Problem #1 - All rows are displayed. Is there anyway I can have only the top level rows show in the top level. All top level rows have a null "parentID".

Problem #2 - There are only two levels. i.e. I have top level row with "ID" of 1, then another row has a "parentID" referencing 1 that has an "ID" of 2. Now even if I have another row referencing "ID" 2 in its "parentID" that level is never shown. I need to have infinite levels.

I have gone through every sample you provide, including the treegrid samples. None of them are exactly what I am looking for. I have also spent countless hours on the board and not found what I am looking for. I would like to have the GGC do as much work for me as possible.

Thanks!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 10:25 PM UTC

Hi Nathan,

The Manual Relation-Masterdetails sample demonstrates how to manually specify the master-detail relations between three separate tables that have primary key and foreign key columns in common. You can manually specify relations in the grouping engine. The DataSet does not need to have any DataRelations. This is the same approach that should be used if you want to set up relationships between independent IList collections.

Here is a sample
RelatedMasterDetails.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon