We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RibbonTabControl Disappears

When using the ribbon tabbing control and adding buttons in the controls. Often in design view the tabs will disappear.. When you compile and run sometimes they show up and sometimes they dont..After you close the application and go back to the ui verify inconsistently the tabs disappear nowhere to be found at all..When you go to the designer code everything is there but I have noticed that every once in a while The following lines of code disappear.

code:
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Items.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem[] {
this.transactionsTabItem,
this.addEditTabItem});
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 1);
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.MainItems.Add(new

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ToolStripItemAdvInfo(this.transactionsTabItem));
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Header.MainItems.Add(new
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ToolStripItemAdvInfo(this.addEditTabItem))

The only way to stop this from removing its self is putting it in the form.cs construtor..

What can I do to Prevent this....

5 Replies

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 18, 2007 07:54 PM UTC

Hi Son,

I am afraid, we were not able to reproduce the issue here. I have checked the issue with the below sample. Please modify the sample to reproduce the issue here also provide details about reproducing steps. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

RibbonControlAdvSample.zip

Also provide your System details.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

SN Son Nguyen January 18, 2007 10:36 PM UTC

Attached is image file of what happens on run time..The first tab will appear sometime and sometimes it wont...Even if I take the dockable groupbar out and just have that form it still does the same..When I go back to design view at times it looses it there..

My hardware specs on machine
AMD Athlon xmp 2600
1.92 ghz, 2.o gb of Ram
two hard drives
about a two year old nvidia video card

Please let me know how to solve this.

>Hi Son,

I am afraid, we were not able to reproduce the issue here. I have checked the issue with the below sample. Please modify the sample to reproduce the issue here also provide details about reproducing steps. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

RibbonControlAdvSample.zip

Also provide your System details.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

ribbonTab.zip

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 24, 2007 10:27 PM UTC

Hi Son,

We could see the issue. We have logged a defect report in this regard. We will contact the development team and update the defect report links and time frame needed to fix the issue in a week.

Thanks for bringing this issue into our notice.

Regards,
Gopal.S.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2007 09:09 PM UTC

Any Updates

>Hi Son,

We could see the issue. We have logged a defect report in this regard. We will contact the development team and update the defect report links and time frame needed to fix the issue in a week.

Thanks for bringing this issue into our notice.

Regards,
Gopal.S.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team March 28, 2007 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Son,

We are glad to inform you that we have fixed this issue. The fix will be available along with our next version 5.1. The new version will be available within a week.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon