We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Feature request

Hello, I would like to see a customizable "Tools" menu, like that found in Visual Studio, for the XP Menus. This should include an additional page in the customization dialog. Another nice thing would be to have an "Edit Listbox" control like that, used in Visual Studio to edit the external tools in the "Tools" menu. Regards, Holger

6 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 2, 2003 03:32 PM UTC

Hi, I am sorry, maybe I missed something. But all the feature you request above are already supported. There is already a Customization Dialog that you could invoke to let users customize the menu structure. All you have to do is provide a "Customize..." menu item, if necessary and call MainFrameBarManager.Customize method. There is also a EditableListBox control in Tools. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

HP Holger Persch July 3, 2003 03:37 AM UTC

Hi, I'm sorry, I should have been more clearly. I attached an image to explain what I meant. The screenshots are taken from Visual Studio 6.0. The "Tools" menu enables the user to include new menu items, linked to external applications, into the existing menu. The "EditListbox" is a listbox control which includes a text label and toolbar above the list. Regards, Holger

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 8, 2003 11:59 AM UTC

Thanks for the explanation, I see what you mean now. I will make this a feature request. Regards, Praveen

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 8, 2003 12:04 PM UTC

Holger, To be clear, I will add a feature request for a framework that will provide the ability to add "external tools" to any app. The framework will include the VS.Net like "Tools tab" and the "Tools menu". Also, we have a EditableListBox and a XPToolBar using which you could put togather the editlistbox, if you need one, sooner. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

HP Holger Persch July 9, 2003 03:38 AM UTC

Thanks Praveen, I will really appreciate these new features. A further note to the "EditListbox" control: I think it would be nice to have it based on a ListView instead on a Listbox, because then it will be able to support multiple columns. Kindest regards, Holger

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 9, 2003 12:35 PM UTC

Thanks for the update. We will take note of this. -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon