We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I am in need to display and edit doc and xls

Dear Sir,
I am in need to display and edit doc and xls files in the browser. But I need the component made up of any .net laguage(C# or VB.Net etc.). It must not an ActiveX control.

And I need a proper UI to display it in the browser. Does this syncfusion satisfy my requirement. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Aleem.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Abdul,

Syncfusion provide support to display and edit the doc and xls files in the browser. Use the following code snippets to display in the browser.

DocIO:
------

[C#]

//To display in the browser.
document.Save( "Sample.doc" , FormatType.Doc , Response , HttpContentDisposition.InBrowser );

XlsIO:
-----

[C#]

//To display in the browser.
workbook.SaveAs("Sample.xls", ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS, Response, ExcelDownloadType.Open);

Could you please refer the following link for more samples:

DocIO:
----

http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0&browseTo=DocIO.Web

XlsIO:
-----

http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0&browseTo=XlsIO.Web

Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 06:11 AM UTC

Hello Dhivya,
I want to know whether your syncfusion is prividing any UI to display the files. It is must for me and remember that control must be made by using managed code only, like any .net framework control but not executable(like in activeX controls).

Because I need to put a floating tool bar on it for "Save", "Submit", "Exit" and etc buttons on it. Save will save the file on local disk and "Submit" will email the file to the specified Id and as usual exit.

I want to display the word or excel file within that UI and I want to put the floating tool bar above that file. And want implement the functionalities in the button events. Can I do it. Please reply me soon. Whether its possible by using your tools. I am waiting for your reply.

MA Mohd Abdul Aleem January 4, 2007 06:11 AM UTC

Hello Dhivya,
I want to know whether your syncfusion is prividing any UI to display the files. It is must for me and remember that control must be made by using managed code only, like any .net framework control but not executable(like in activeX controls).

Because I need to put a floating tool bar on it for "Save", "Submit", "Exit" and etc buttons on it. Save will save the file on local disk and "Submit" will email the file to the specified Id and as usual exit.

I want to display the word or excel file within that UI and I want to put the floating tool bar above that file. And want implement the functionalities in the button events. Can I do it. Please reply me soon. Whether its possible by using your tools. I am waiting for your reply.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 04:25 AM UTC

Hi Abdul,

Could you please refer to the following thread?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=54164

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon