We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to find the cell bounds

Hello,

We are developing automation testing script for our application which uses Syncfusion essential grid version 3.302.0.0.

Our tool(Test Complete) is not able to recognize this grid. so we need some properties or methods info. so that we can develop test scripts.

1. If i double click on the header cell it will either expand or collapse, Is there any method to find whether this is expanded/ collapsed.

2. If i double click on any cell(except header cell) 'X' mark will come there. if already 'X' mark is there means if we double click on that mark will go off.
To double click, i need to get the bounds of that cell based on row and column index ( or suggest if there is any other way)
As well i want find whether that cell is checked(marked) or not.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Surendra Mohan

Essential grid.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Surendra,

We had worked with TestComplete earlier and there were no issue in recognization of the grids, may be some customizations need a work around.

1. Expand and collapse when double click on the header cell is not a default behavior, probably the column or row is either hidden on double click or height/width reduced to 0. This can be known from either of the code below.

if(this.gridControl1.ColWidths[4] == 0) // or
if(this.gridControl1.Cols.Hidden[e.ColIndex]) // or
if(this.gridControl1.HideCols[e.ColIndex])

2. Check the cell value, to see if that is updated. CellValue can be reached this way as an example please refer to the code.

form = Sys["Process"]("MaskEditCells")["WinFormsObject"]("Form1");
grid = w3["WinFormsObject"]("panel1")["WinFormsObject"]("splitterControl1")["WinFormsObject"]("gridControl1");
if(grid["Item"](row, col)["CellValue"] == "X")
// ....

RaiseCellDoubleClick can be considered instead of knowing the bounds. This is an overloaded function, so please check the right function to be used in the TestComplete environment, usually a suffix of underscore and a number is used to identify.

grid.RaiseCellDoubleClick(row, col, null);

The bounds for a given cell can be known from RangeInfoToRectangle
Rectangle rect = this.gridControl1.RangeInfoToRectangle(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo.Cell(4, 4));

RaiseCellDoubleClik can also be used on header to perform the task differently. Please also refer to the sample application.

Best regards,
Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon