We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Malformed SOM Expression

I am using the Syncfusion Essential PDF and have made a class that is able to read in a PDF file that I created in Adobe LiveCycle, search the PDF for all control fields, and enter in the data that corresponds to the control. Nothing major is happening in my program, but when I try to open the PDF in Adobe Reader 8.0, I get the following error 27 times:
Malformed SOM Expression: form1[0].#subform[0].

I have attached the test.pdf in a zip file that I saved the information with.
Also, there are the 4 controls at the bottom (not including the signature controls) that have my name in each one. When I ran the C# side of it, my first name went in the first name control, last in the last name control, 123456790 in the SSN, and the current date but when I open it in Adobe Reader, it shows my name everytime.

I can check the values of the controls before I put in the correct data and they are null as expected, and after the data has been inserted, they contain the correct data that's expected...

Any info will help

Thanks

# Test.ZIP containing Test.PDF attached

Test68.zip

4 Replies

MM Miles McGehee January 2, 2007 05:50 PM UTC

I just found out that when I go back and check the new PDF that I saved, some of the values for the names of my controls are as follows:
Old Name - TextBoxEmployeeFirstName[0]
New Name - þÿ\0T\0e\0x\0t\0F\0i\0e\0l\0d\0E\0m\0p\0l\0o\0y\0e\0e\0F\0i\0r\0s\0t\0N\0a\0m\0e\0[\00\0]

Also I found out, that when I flatten every control that I touched on the document, the page loads just fine.

Are each of the control's names that are still able to be filled in the PDF being changed to some value that Adobe is not able to read?

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Miles,

Thanks for the file. I was not able to open the attached PDF document.It throws me runtime error in Adobe reader 7.0. Can you please provide me the Pdf document[form] that you created in Adobe life cycle designer[without filling and flattening the controls] so that I can fill the controls and test the issue. This will help me to reproduce the issue. Also, can you please create a direct trac incident so that your files can be kept confidential.

Regards,
Dhivya.

AP Amy Patterson November 2, 2007 05:19 PM UTC

Was any solution to this ever found?

>Hi Miles,

Thanks for the file. I was not able to open the attached PDF document.It throws me runtime error in Adobe reader 7.0. Can you please provide me the Pdf document[form] that you created in Adobe life cycle designer[without filling and flattening the controls] so that I can fill the controls and test the issue. This will help me to reproduce the issue. Also, can you please create a direct trac incident so that your files can be kept confidential.

Regards,
Dhivya.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 27, 2007 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Amy,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

In previous update the file sent by the customer was not able to open. We have asked the customer for the Pdf document(form) to work and reproduce the issue. But we didnt get it till now. Please let us know the details of your issue for which you a need solution. If you have the same problem as the previous customer has,could you please send us the file so that we can work with it and provide you a better solution?

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon