We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merge Toolbars

I have an MDI application which uses XPMenus and has some MDI children. Now different MDI children merge some BarItems in the parent menu bar - all ok. But different MDI children have the same toolbar (all items are the same). But there appears a toolbar for every MDI child window. Is there a chance to merge a toolbar of one child window with a toolbar of another child window?

24 Replies

PE Peter July 1, 2003 10:35 AM UTC

Sorry I forgot: I'm using version 1.5.2.0

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 1, 2003 03:25 PM UTC

For the different toolbars in the child forms to get merged, they should have the same BarName property and you should have called RegisterMdiChildTypes in your main Form's constructor (for example). If this still doesn't work please get our latest 1.6.1. Regards, Praveen

PE Peter July 2, 2003 05:31 AM UTC

Thanx, that works. But now I have some additional questions: 1. After "RegisterMdiChildTypes" there is an empty toolbar till the registered child form is shown. Is there a way to prevent that? 2. If I open a registered child form the toolbar disappears and reappears. That means there is a flickering in the toolbar which isn't very nice. Can I prevent this behaviour too? 3. I registered 2 child forms with the same toolbar (same name, same merge order, same items, same position of new groups). When the two bars are merged the position of the "new groups" is in disorder (means there are too many "new group" lines). How can that be fixed? TIA Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 2, 2003 03:27 PM UTC

Peter, I think you are not using our latest 1.6.1. Could you please redownload to get that. All your above issues should then get fixed. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

PE Peter July 3, 2003 04:02 AM UTC

Ok thanx

PE Peter July 4, 2003 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Praveen, I downloaded the version 1.6.1 and tried it out. Nearly all problems are gone and I have to tell you that there are very nice new features in that version. But I still have the problem that the item separators of the bars are in disorder. I have 2 forms with nearly identical bars. the first 10 items are identical and the second form has a 11th item. The separators a identical too but the second for has a separator before the last item. If I test the application the separators of the second form (the one with more items) are moved one item to the right. Can you help me?

PE Peter July 8, 2003 03:47 AM UTC

ping... Can you help me?

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 8, 2003 12:39 PM UTC

Peter, It would be a big help if you could put togather a small sample that shows this problem. Once we can reproduce this we will be able to fix this in an upcoming patch. Thanks Praveen Ramesh

PE Peter July 9, 2003 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Praveen, attached is a sample which opens 2 forms (in the Window menu). The 2 forms do have the same bars and items but the second form has one more item and one more separator. The bars of the child forms are registered in the main form constructor. If you activate form 2 all is ok. If you activate form 1 you have the right items but a separator too much. Regards Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 9, 2003 04:28 PM UTC

Peter, Thanks for the sample. We can now reproduce the problem. We are working on a fix and the fix should be in our next patch release (in 10 days). We will notify you when the patch is ready. Thanks again for the sample and we apologize for the inconvenience. Regards, Praveen

PE Peter July 10, 2003 03:35 AM UTC

Thats fine, thanx Regards Peter

PE Peter July 16, 2003 10:16 AM UTC

I downloaded the latest patch and tried the behaviour of the separator indices if 2 bars are merged. The separators aren't merged together in the wrong order but now none of the separators are shown. Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 16, 2003 06:52 PM UTC

Peter, I have attached the screenshots (there was color loss when I saved it as gif, but u should be able to see the separators) of what I see in the new version (the expected behavior). This is by running the sample you had attached above. Maybe your persisted information is interfering with the logic. You could quickly test with the MainFrameBarManager's "Persistance" properties (3 properties you will see in the designer) turned off. You could also lose all your persisted information by going to your Isolated Storage and deleting it. This KB should give you more info: http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Suite/Suite_c1c.asp#q540q Regards, Praveen Ramesh

PE Peter July 17, 2003 01:16 PM UTC

I cleared the isolated storage. It's a little bit confusing: I tested the sample and all works fine. In my application there is another behaviour: If I open one form all separators are shown. If I open another instance of the form all separators are shown. If I open another form (when the first form is shown) all separators are gone. If I merge some items with separators from the child mainmenu in the parent mainmenu none of the separators are merged.

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 17, 2003 06:32 PM UTC

Peter, Could you please try to modify the sample to reproduce this issue? It's very difficult to put my finger on the issue without being able to reproduce it. Thanks Praveen

PE Peter July 18, 2003 05:29 AM UTC

Hi, now I can completely reproduce the behaviour. Look at the attached sample. You can open the subforms with MenuItem "Attribute" (Form2) in menu "Einrichtung" and MenuItem "Attributeklassen" (Form3) in menu "Einrichtung". If you open one instance of Form2 the separators are shown in the toolbar and items are merged to menu "Bearbeiten", but no separator is shown in the menu (it should appear bevore the merged item). If you open several instances of Form2 all is like described above. If you open one Form2 and one Form3 all is merged together correctly but no separators are shown. Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 18, 2003 03:36 PM UTC

Peter, Thanks for the sample. That was another minor bug. We have now fixed it. This should be in our next patch release. We will notify you pretty soon. To be sure, I suppose in your 2nd issue (no separators were shown after opening form2 and form3) you meant that there was no separator above the "TEST*" item? If so, that is fixed too. Regards, Praveen

PE Peter July 18, 2003 03:44 PM UTC

Hi, first of all I have to say that your support and bug - fixing is very fast and competently and - with some little exceptions (see my other entries and support calls) - your components are great. Now to your question: yes, I meant the separator above the TEST* items. Regards Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 18, 2003 04:05 PM UTC

Thanks for the nice feedback. We will try to get your pending issues resolved asap. Regards, Praveen

PE Peter July 23, 2003 09:29 AM UTC

This issue isn't fixed in the 1.6.1.4 version, is it? Peter

PE Peter July 23, 2003 09:32 AM UTC

Sorry, forgot something: If you don't "RegisterMDIChildTypes" the same error occours. If you register it works. Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 28, 2003 05:47 PM UTC

Peter, This does seem to work both when RegisterMdiChildTypes is called and not-called. I tested in the sample you had attached and saw that the "TEST*" item in the menu did have a separartor before it. Could you please double check? Please ensure that you are using 1.6.1.4 in fact. Thanks Praveen

PE Peter July 29, 2003 11:54 AM UTC

Hi, I checked it and the described behaviour occurs with the sample app. The version of the components is 1.6.1.4. Whenn the 1.6.1.4 version comes out I removed the old installation with 1.6.1.0 and installed 1.6.1.4. Can it be that the deinstallation/installation process isn't working probably? It's very confusing. Peter

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 29, 2003 05:00 PM UTC

I think I spoke too soon :( I just figured that the fix didn't make it to 1.6.1.4. I apologize for the confusion. We were pretty close to code-freeze when the bug was discovered and I guess the fix barely missed the code-freeze. Anyway, our 1.6.1.5 which will be ready within a week will include the fix. I hope you can wait and sorry again for the inconvenience. Regards, Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon