We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

custom cell control that places a DropDown Form/UserControl in a cell not working in the GGC, but works in the GridControl

I saw an example for the gridcontrol in with a custom user control and a windows form were used as drop down popup for a cell.

I tried to port this over to the ggc, which I think should be straight forward by replacing

//2) Register your custom cell type
this.gridControl1.CellModels.Add("DropDownUserControl", new DropDownUserCellModel(this.gridControl1.Model, new DropDownUser()));

//3) Set the style.CellType for the cells
this.gridControl1[6, 2].CellType = "DropDownUserControl";

with...

//2) Register your custom cell type
this.gridGroupingControl2.TableControl.Model.CellModels.Add("DropDownUserControl", new DropDownUserCellModel(this.gridGroupingControl2.TableControl.Model, new DropDownUser()));

this.gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns["DaysOfWeek"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "DropDownUserControl";

... but this is not working. Does the grouping grid supports this?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2006 06:34 PM UTC

Hi James,

Please try the following code snippet and let us know if you need any further assistance.

>>>>>>>>>>
this.gridGroupingControl2.TableModel.CellModels.Add("DropDownUserControl", new DropDownUserCellModel(this.gridGroupingControl2.TableModel, new DropDownUser()));
this.gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns["DaysOfWeek"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "DropDownUserControl";
>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for being patience.

Best regards,
Madhan

JB James Blibo December 21, 2006 12:32 AM UTC

sorry... did not work!

JB James Blibo December 21, 2006 05:47 AM UTC

my bad... i saw my mistake... i've got it working...

JB James Blibo December 28, 2006 05:12 AM UTC

In the DropDownUserCell class, the value is being saved to the underlying datasource in this override...

protected override bool OnSaveChanges()
{
string s = this.ddUser.GetValuesToString();

this.Grid.Model[this.RowIndex, this.ColIndex].Text = s;
return true;
}

I am trying to write to another column in the row, how can I do this by column name instead of row and col index.

I want to do something like

this.Grid.Model["colname"].Text = s;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 08:22 PM UTC

Hi James,

Please try the following code snippet and let us know if you need any further assistance or demo sample on this issue.

>>>>>>>>Code Snippet<<<<<<<<<<
protected override bool OnSaveChanges()
{
string s = this.ddUser.GetValuesToString();
int val = this.Grid.Model.NameToColIndex("Col2");
this.Grid.Model[this.RowIndex, val].Text = s;
return true;
}
>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan