We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager caption/label/tabs/tabstrip colors

How do i set the caption forecolor, caption label backcolor, tab forecolor and backcolor and tabstrip colors? We want to white everything out with back text and borders.
We just upgraded to the latest release (4.4) and are using .Net 2.0
Thanks,
Julie

27 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 14, 2006 09:28 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

For changing CaptionBar and DockLabel BackColor, please refer the KB article given below.

How to draw a custom caption for docking windows?

For Tab related changings, Please refer the KB article given below,

1.Is it possible to change the TabStyle of the DockingManager? If so, how?

2.How to Set the Color and Font Style to the Active tab in the Docked Tab window?

Please let me know if you have any other issues regarding this.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

JL Julie Levy December 15, 2006 06:06 PM UTC

Hi -
Thanks for your response.
The links you are providing are how we are already implementing this cusomtization. However, since upgrading to the latest release, our color settings are now broken. The text and pin are no longer visible in the caption and the tabs and the tabstrip is now back to gray.
I read in the release notes there is a new way to set some of these properties. Could you provide me some sample code for what changes have been made?
Thanks,
Julie

JL Julie Levy December 15, 2006 06:43 PM UTC

Here are screenshots of the before and after. Note that captions and the tabs of the left and bottom docked controls. Text is set to black, but is very light and when not active will eventually be completely gone (white?). Tabs have also changed.

Thanks,
Julie

DockingManagerStyles.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 07:42 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We really regret for the inconvenience. We could see the issue in your screenshots. Could you please change the DockingManager's VisualStyle to Default?

this.dockingManager1.VisualStyle = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.VisualStyle.Default;

and let me know if the problem is resolved.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

JL Julie Levy December 15, 2006 08:01 PM UTC

I just saw that and made the change. Everything is fine now. It was set to VS2005 as a default?

One more question:
Should i move the caption settings from OnProvideGraphicsItems to the Active/Inactive Caption properties?

Thanks,
Julie

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 08:18 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Sure. You can move the caption settings from OnProvideGraphicsItems to Active/InActive properties.

Thanks for your update.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 10:37 PM UTC

One more docking manager problem i am having: when you hover over an autohidden/tabbed control, it activates, but only for a short time and then is gone. Even if i hover over the tab and just leave my mouse there, the control opens and closes right away. It is very hard, if not impossible to pin the autohidden tabbed control.

I tried out your sample code, example Simple Code and saw the same behavior.

This is a huge problem. Has there been a change? Is there some property which makes it not so sensitive?

Thanks,
Julie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 10:45 PM UTC

Just realized it's the bottom dock which is really bad. I don't think it has to be part of a tabbed group of controls. I tried just one control in your sample and when it's docked to the bottom and autohidden, it's impossible to open and pin.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 18, 2006 06:16 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We are really sorry for the delay in responding. We were able to select and pin the controls docked at bottom. Herewith I have attached the video which shows the case. Please set DockingManager.AnimationStep=5 and try to select and pin the docked control. If it is failed, please send the video that shows the issue.

Video file

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2006 07:56 PM UTC

Hi -
I'm now not able to reproduce with your sample, but have a video of our product. Here's what i observe:
On the bottom docked tabbed control - when you hover over the tab, the window pops up and then promptly shuts giving the user no opportunity to move the mouse over it to pin it or interact with the control in any way. I also noticed that when the controls are autohidden, the tab captions do not update/paint if the code sets the value. We have a keyboard shortcut to pin the controls and if you do that, then you see the captions update. This is also demonstrated in the attached video. Note that when you do see the bottom controls pinned, that is the keyboard shortcut. You can also see in the video that after the first quick open close, the hover stops working completely and nothing happens.

I tried setting the animationstep to 5 as you suggested but this did not affect the behavior. I also set the autohidestyle to click instead of hover but that same problem exists.

We had no problem with any of this before we upgraded to 4.4
Let me know if you need me to put together a sample for you. I did see the behavior on your sample but now can't repeat that. I can put together another sample for you but it will take time. One difference: we are setting the autohide properties on the controls in the NewDockStateEndLoad event.

Thanks,
Julie

dock_hover.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 18, 2006 09:09 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. We could see the issue in the video file but we were not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please send me the sample having the issue? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks for your patience and the video.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 12:49 AM UTC

Hi -
still working on reproducing the pinning problem.

But i did figure out the caption bug. Easy to reproduce. Basically, any change to the caption when the control is autohidden isn't picked up until the control is pinned. If you hover over the tab while it is autohidden after changing the caption programmatically, you will see a different title at the top of the control than on the tab. I think you can reproduce this easily, but if not let me know and i'll send you a sample. This was not a problem before 4.4

Thanks,
Julie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 12:58 AM UTC

Hi- i found another behavior change in 4.4.
If you resize a docked control and then autohide it, when you re-pin it, it goes back to the size it was when the form first loaded, not what the user resized it to before autohiding. Autohiding used to "remember" the size of the control.
I was able to see this behavior in your Simple Code sample without any modification.
Thanks,
Julie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 02:09 AM UTC

Hi -
i finally figured out how to reproduce it. The animation gets messed up when the form is an embedded winform in IE, which is our environment and which worked just fine before 4.4.
I could provide you with a sample, but your team has had problems running our winforms. You should try and set it up yourself and see if you can reproduce it. I created a user control with a grid docked to the bottom. It works fine when run as part of a windows app. It doesn't work when embedded as a winform in IE.
Let me know if you want me to provide a sample embedded in IE for you to try. Also let me know if i should enter this in DirectTrak.
Thanks,
Julie

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 09:51 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

I tried to embed a winform sample in Windows Internet Explorer. But i failed. Could you please send me the sample having the issue? It will help us to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 10:47 PM UTC

Hi =
here's the sample. Look at test page TestWithDockNoMaster.aspx to see a winform control with docked grids exhibiting the behavior in the video. Then run WinTest (a windows app) which has the same user control in Form1.

In order to properly run the sample web page(download the winform control) make sure of the following:

1. you have intranet full trust security policy on your machine (run "caspol -machine -chggroup LocalIntranet_Zone FullTrust" from the commandline in the Visual Studio 2005 prompt).
2. you have created a virtual directory called TestWinFormWeb which points to the TestWinformWeb directory.
3. you have the syncfusion dlls of the version referenced in the projects and webconfig (4.402.0.51) in the GAC.
4. you clean out your download cache (run "gacutil /cdl" from the commandline in the Visual Studio 2005 prompt).

Let me know if you are able to load the winform control and see the behavior.

Thanks,
Julie

TestWinForm7.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2006 12:02 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your sample.

We are currently working on this issue. We will update the details within two days.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2006 10:45 PM UTC

Thanks. Just an FYI that the non-animation bugs i reported (updating the tab caption, remembering size) don't require the embedded winform control to reproduce. I saw them in your Simple sample.

Have you been able to see these problems?

Julie

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 21, 2006 11:18 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

We could see the issue. It is happening in rare cases. Theissue could not be reproduced often. Have you got any samples that reproduces the issue frequently? If any please send me.

However I will contact the development team regarding the issue. I will get back to you once the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 06:27 PM UTC

Here is a sample where the bottom docked control shows both problems. Hitting the GetTabbedControlHeight button updates the caption. Hit it after the form loads and you won't see anything happen while the bottom controls are autohidden. Hover over them and you will see a different caption above the control. Pin them and you will then see the tabs update. Also, resize the bottom controls then autohide them. Re-pin them and you'll see the resize is forgotten.
Let me know if you see the problems in this sample more predictably. Note that i was also testing the animation problem with this sample. It contains more than just simple demonstrations of the issues.
Thanks,
Julie

DockedGrids2.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 09:33 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We appriciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Issue 1:
We could reproduce the issue. We will contact the development team regarding the issue.

Issue 2:
We could reproduce the issue. We already logged defect report regarding the same. We will fix the issue soon and keep you informed.

Here is the link to the defect to keep track of the bug fix

Setting Control Size in autohiddenmode,doesn't reflect while docking

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2006 09:56 PM UTC

Hi -
thanks for your response. The link you provided is incorrect.

Also, any luck with reproducing the embedded winform control/animation problem? Any update?

Thanks,
Julie

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Please check the attached defect report link. Now I have changed the preview status. It is working fine.

We could not reproduce the animation problem in embedded winform control. However I will contact the development team regarding this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

JL Julie Levy January 8, 2007 11:35 PM UTC

Thanks for the update. Please keep me informed, especially to let me know that your development team is able to reproduce the animation problem.
Should i log an incident for this?
Julie

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team January 9, 2007 12:41 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Animation issue is reproduced in simple sample. I have informed about these to our development team.

Sure. Please create a directTrac incident for this issue.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

JO Jose replied to Administrator February 25, 2018 07:25 PM UTC

Hi -
still working on reproducing the pinning problem.

But i did figure out the caption bug. Easy to reproduce. Basically, any change to the caption when the control is autohidden isn't picked up until the control is pinned. If you hover over the tab while it is autohidden after changing the caption programmatically, you will see a different title at the top of the control than on the tab. I think you can reproduce this easily, but if not let me know and i'll send you a sample. This was not a problem before 4.4

Thanks,
Julie

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team February 26, 2018 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Jose, 

We have checked the reported behavior in our latest Syncfusion assembly and it is working as expected at our end. Header of the AutoHide window is changed automatically when we change the header at run time. If you could share your Syncfusion version details, we will check the issue in your version. We have attached the video and sample in which we have tried to reproduce the reported issue.  

Please get back to us if we have misunderstood your query. 

Regards, 
Durga S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon