We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MultiColumnDropDownBox Problems

I am trying to programatically build a multi-column Dropdown but I cannot get anything to display when I click the pulldown. I have a grid that has certain columns that have additional information that I would like to display in a multi-column pulldown. I build a DataTable with the additional data included and then try to bind that to the multicolumndropdowncombo control:

MultiColumnDropDownCombo dropList;

dropList = new MultiColumnDropDownCombo();
dropList.ID = "myDD";

dropList.DataSource = GetAdditionalInfo(sField);
dropList.DataMember = "id";
dropList.DataBind();

TemplateDropDown dd = new TemplateDropDown(dropList);
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[i].EditItemTemplate = dd;

When I enter edit mode the columns that should have additional info have the combobox but when I try and use the pulldown I get nothing. I looked in the source and saw that each column has the datatable information.

If a sample exists that shows how to do this programmatically that would be great.

Thanks.
David.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2006 11:36 PM UTC

Hi David,

We are able to popup the dropdown of MultiColoumnDropDown control which is integrated inside the GridGrouping control when the control is in Edit mode.

But while accessing the drop down items, Runtime exception is thrown.It seems to be a bug and we look more this and will update you within two days.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 05:15 AM UTC

Hi David,

This seems to be a bug. I have forwarded this to the EssentialTools Development team.I Will update you the time frame within a week, as to when the fix will be available.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 11:16 AM UTC

Hi David,

sorry for the delayed response.

I will update the timeframe within 48 hours, as to when the fix will be available.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,
Maheswari

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 02:51 PM UTC

Hi David,

Integrating MultiColumnDropDownCombo with GridGrouping Control throw a Runtime exception, while accessing the dropdownitem item issue fix will be available on 26th Jan.

Please open an incident through direct-trac with the subject as FourmID.

Kindly let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 07:18 PM UTC

Hi David,

This issue is under progress and the fix will be available on or before 20,Feb 2007.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 04:17 PM UTC

Hi David,

Could you please open an incident in the direct trac with the forum id as the subject line, so that we can send you the necessary information?

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx

Thanks,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon