We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot open storage error

Hey,

I am attempting to evaluate your product, DocIO. I've run across an error however. When attempting to load a .doc file, I receive the following error:
Cannot open storage. File Name is: c:\docs\AuthSet4462.doc

The error appeared on this line of code:

document.Open(sPath, FormatType.Doc)

Time is of the essence with this, as I need to integrate this functionality by the end of the week. I've attached a copy of the file that causes the error.

AuthSet4462.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2006 05:45 PM UTC

I think I may have figured out the problem. The .Doc file is actually in .RTF format. We are generating these files on the fly. I'm not sure if we can change the output format from .RTF, I'll need to check with a colleague.

I do have one last question, but unfortunately I think I already know the answer. DocIO doesn't support .RTF file merging does it? If not, are there any plans to in the future?

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 13, 2006 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.
Thanks for the file. You are right! Currently we do not have support for RTF and we do not have any immediate plans for implementing this feature in the near future. However, we do have plans for implementing this feature. We already have an feature request regarding this.
You can keep track of the status of this feature from the following url:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=970

Thanks for considering change in output format.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2008 03:25 PM UTC

I'm hoping for RTF support in DocIO; in particular to be able to open an RTF file. I was unable to see the status of feature request 970 and see the original message is quite old. I'm using v6.3 and RTF files still do not load. Any status / suggestions on dealing with RTF files would be appreciated.

Thanks

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team August 11, 2008 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Stocker,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Unfortunately this features not implemented in our code library and this feature will be implemented after six months. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility, and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon