We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is a virtual directory necessary ?

Hello,

I use Essential Studio 4.3.0.32 with VS2003.

I try to use the ChartWebControl component :

- I have imported the Chart.Base.dll, Chart.Web.dll and Shared.Web.dll and put the "local copy" property to "True".
- I have copied "ChartWeb" directory with scripts in my application directory and changed the script files path.

But when I try to run my project, I have the error : "My project directory../4.301.0.32" Access Denied. Think that should be a virtual directory.

My question is : Is it possible to use ChartWebControl component without a virtual directory and put all the necessary scripts in my application directory ? How to do that ?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2006 01:31 AM UTC

Hi Lucie,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

I am looking this forum and will update you with in a day.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Sorry once again.

Regards,
Sureshbabu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2006 12:49 AM UTC

Hi Lucie,

Sorry for my delayed response.

I am working into this. I need one more day to update you.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Sureshbabu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 01:11 AM UTC

Hello Lucie,

I regret very much for my delayed response.

From our Documentation,

The Syncfusion assemblies need to be in the bin folder that is beside the aspx files. They can also be in the GAC, in which case, they should be referenced with strong name(s) in the aspx files and dlls.
While working with a remote web server where Essential Chart is not installed, the scripts and images will not be found during runtime and will cause errors. To fix this you will have to install the images and scripts in the remote web server in the expected path (as specified in the ImageFilesPath like ("/MyApp/ChartWeb/Images/")and ScriptFilesPath like (“/MyApp/ChartWeb/Scripts/”) of the control).
Or you can simply provide "write access" to the application directory in the remote server for the asp.net runtime. One way to do so is to provide "Full Control" to the "Everyone" user in the application directory. The control will then write out the images and scripts into the application directory and use it during runtime.

Please refer this from the following location in our product documentation.

Syncfusion Essential Studio -> Getting Started -> Deploying Essential Studio for ASP.NET

Please try the above method and let me know if this helps.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Sureshbabu

LU Lucie December 15, 2006 08:34 AM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.
I 've created a directory in my syncfusion virtual directory : "/tools/syncfusion/ChartWeb/Images/"
and it works fine, the images are copied in it and not in my application directory anymore. Moreover, I've set the "AutoTempFileCleanUp" property to True, so the directory is cleaned .... perfect.

I've 2 more problems :

- I don't understand why the directory "4.301.0.32" is copied in my directory application, although my syncfusion virtual directory path is good ? (I have an opened direct-trac on this subject, so I don't know if I should speak about that in this post too ?)

- I have problems with column chart, but I guess I should create a new post in the forum, because it's an other subject.

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

Lucie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 06:39 PM UTC

Hello Lucie,

Thanks for your response.

I am glad that your issue is solved. Please open new forums for any other concerns.

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Sureshbabu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon