We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add series to chart is slow

Hello,

I have some performance problem in an application I have made with the (Windows Forms) ChartControl that I need help with.
In my application I need to group bars in a specific way (see attached picture). The number of bars in each group can vary and the colors of the bars does not always match which series they belong to, (that is, the bars in a series does not always have the same color as default).

The reason to why I have created several series with only a few points to each is be able to group the columns and to get lines between the groups by using the property: series.DrawColumnSeparatingLines.

The problem now is that it takes very long time for the chart to update when having several series (sometimes up to 70). It seems to be the Add function that takes a long time.

I have made a small application for you to see what it is that I am doing when updating the chart. I'm counting the time that it takes
for only the Add function to execute and presents that time. As you can see it takes about 13-14 seconds to update the chart.

Have I done anything wrong when creating the points to each series before adding it that makes the Add function executing so slow?
Do you perhaps have any ideas how to achieve the same result as shown in the attached picture instead of having so many series?

Best regards
Ana

ChartPerformance.zip

2 Replies

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team December 13, 2006 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Ana,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Essential Chart performance is improved in the latest version [4.4.0.51].
I have tested the same project using the latest version.It is taking only fraction of seconds for updating the chart. Please find the attached screen shot.
ScreenShot

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Poly

AN Ana December 14, 2006 10:40 AM UTC

Aha! Perfect! The latest version really solved my problem!!
Thanks,

//Ana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon