We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to access child record(s) from a gridcaptionsection or gridcaptionsummarycell

How can I access the child record(s) from a GridCaptionSection or GridCaptionSummaryCell in a ggc that has one level of grouping?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 04:47 AM UTC

Hi James,

You can access the related records from GroupCaptionSummaryCell using the following code.

// get the CaptionRow from the DisplayElement.
GridCaptionRow gr = CaptionSummarystyle.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridCaptionRow;

//Accessing the related records in a Group...
foreach(Record rec in gr.ParentGroup.Records)
{
Console.WriteLine("Records:" + rec);
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

JB James Blibo December 11, 2006 05:23 PM UTC

This did NOT solve my problem. The cell that I am interested in is the GridCaptionSection and GridCaptionSummaryCell AND NOT a GridCaptionRow like in your example

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2006 05:06 AM UTC

Hi James,

Here is a minimal sample that shows you How to access child record(s) from the CaptionSection or CaptionSummaryCell in a grid. It implements the TablecontrolCellClick event to get the child record from the CaptionSummaryCell. Please refer to the attached sample for more details.

GGCCaptionSectionRecords.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon