We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editcontrol performance

Syncfusion,

Using the new v4.4 Edit Control what are the parameters for best (fastest) performance? Currently I have the same parameters as I used with the v4.3 Edit Control and v4.3 was much faster, so I know I am missing something. Right now in v4.4 when I type text into the control the larger the file loaded the slower my typing is. I can type several words and then I have to wait for them to print (show up on screen) to the control. The smaller my loaded file the faster I can type with great results.

I have the following parameters set:
ConvertOnLoad = False
ParsingMode = PartialParsingNoFallback
GraphicsCompositingQuality = HighSpeed
GraphicsSmoothingMode = HighSpeed
Other graphic settings are set to Default or SystemDefault

My laptop has an Intel Core2 Duo processors, 1GB of ram and 256MB video card so I know it is not the computers performance that is slowing things down.

thanks
teamels

15 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 06:34 PM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I do see this problem here and have notified the development team in this regard. We have logged a bug report Defect# 3173 on this, and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below :

Defect #3173 - Issue when large file is loaded in EditControl

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 06:51 PM UTC

Syncfusion

Curious if there has been any progress on this Performance issue.
Also I noticed that when the EditControl is opened without any language configurations applied the control seems to be getting color information from some where?

On the very first line in the control no coloring takes place, but starting on the second line and so forth throughout the control numbers 0-9 are colored and some words also.

How can I disable this default configuration coloring the control?

thanks
teamels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 26, 2006 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Teamels ,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have requested our development team for a time frame for fixing Defect#3173 and will update you within a week. It is possible to disable the default coloring by setting the LoadConfigFile property to false. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 28, 2006 01:02 AM UTC

Yes, I do have the LoadConfigFile property set to false in the Designer and I also forced this by command in the FormLoad event.

Me.EditControl1.LoadConfigFile = False

however the default coloring is still present

thanks
teamels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2006 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have tested for this issue using a sample and was not able to see the problem. This is how I went about testing this issue :

1. Run the attached sample.

2. The numbers 0-9 on line 12 are not colored.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2006 05:48 PM UTC

Ebenezer

Yes, your project does as you say, however on my sample project attached with the same settings as far as I can tell the default coloring does not go away. Please let me know what I am missing.

My sample is done with VB 2005 Express

thanks
teamels

WindowsApplication225.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 06:34 PM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our apologies for the delayed response. We are looking in to this issue and will update you with more information within a day.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 08:25 AM UTC

Hi Teamels,

It is possible to disable the default coloring using the configuration file. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2007 03:11 AM UTC

Ebenezer

Yes, this does work, thank you

Can you please tell me when the 100% CPU utilization performance issues will be worked out. I have about 2 weeks before we make a decision and I have quite a bit of work already done using this control so far and I really like the ease of use.

Thanks
teamels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 05:45 PM UTC

Syncfusion

Just checking the status of the 100% CPU utilization performance issues. It has been seven days since I posted this.

If this is not the appropriate place for this post please redirect me.

We are eager to know
Thanks
teamels

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 10:46 PM UTC

Hi Teamels ,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have requested our development team for a time frame for fixing the 100% CPU utilization performance issues and will update you within a week.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2007 01:46 AM UTC

any updates? the control is very sluggish for me too.

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 07:51 PM UTC

Hi Teamels,

Our Developement team is currently working on this issue and the issue will be fixed before March 3rd.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

DU David Union February 8, 2007 10:29 PM UTC

You use regex a lot in the edit component. Do you set RegexOptions.Compile? Can we configure this?

That is a tradeoff for performance vs. loadtime.

David Union

>Hi Teamels,

Our Developement team is currently working on this issue and the issue will be fixed before March 3rd.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 09:27 PM UTC

Hi David,

Our apologies for the delayed response. The EditControl uses RegexOptions.Compiled internally. I am afraid, it is not possible to configure this. We have considered this as a feature request and will notify you when the feature has been implemented.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon