We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AutoCompleteTextBox

I'm using Esstential Tools for ASP.NET version 4.302.0.30 and am having a problem using the AutoCompleteTextBox in an aspx page. This page has several Ajax controls on it as well as the AutoCompleteTextBox. I don't know if the Ajax controls are causing a possible conflict with Syncfusion AutoCompleteTextBox or not.
When I enter the first character into the AutoCompleteTextBox, I receive an error saying object is null. The AutoCompleteTextBox dropdown never appears and the first entry from the dropdown list populates the AutoCompleteTextBox only after continuing past the error condition in debug mode. Outside of debug mode, the AutoCompleteTextBox is not populated with any data.

Running in debug mode, the problem is occurring when this javascript function is running the HTML DOM:

function acGetOffSetLeft(acObj)
{
var acCtrl=acObj;
var acleft=0;
while(acCtrl.tagName!="BODY")
{
acleft+=acCtrl.offsetLeft;
acCtrl=acCtrl.offsetParent;
}
return acleft;
}

The acCtrl.offsetParent sets the acCtrl field to null. This appears to occur when the while loop hits the "HTML" tagName property. It never finds the "BODY" tagName and therefore does not exit properly.

I have attached the innerhtml property value when the error occurs.

The same problem occurs in function acGetOffSetTop.

Please advise on how to resolve this error so I can use the AutoCompleteTextBox.

Thanks,

Jay Slusher

autocomplete-innerhtml.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2006 02:43 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

We are looking into this and will update you as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2006 12:36 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

AutoCompleteTextBox control works fine with MasterPage.Could you please provide us the aspx page or a sample that will help us to trace out the issue.
Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon