We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGrouping: Hierarchical data - NorthWind Customers-Orders

Hi

VS2005, GridGrouping 4.3 and 4.4

As a test of hiearchical table display, I created a DataSet from the NorthWind database with Custoemrs and Orders. The DataSet has teh correct relation object in it, and when i set teh GridGrouping dataSource to the Custoemrs Table the design preview correctly shows the Custoemrs and Orders tables as parent - child.

When I run the app, the tables are also shown, but no data is loaded into the orders child table.

Any idea why?

Regards

David

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 2, 2006 05:05 PM UTC

Further to the above, I then tried for a two grid master-detail setup.

I created two binding sources for master and detail, and tested with two DataGridViews and a bindingNavigator.

This worked fine.

Replaced the two DataGridViews with two GridGroupingControls, and the navigation became erratic. It looks like after selecting a master record, need to wait for several seconds before can select another. If it is done too quickly, the child grid does not update.

Any suggestions?

Regards

David Evans

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 4, 2006 12:26 PM UTC

Hi David,

The MultipleRecordSelection browser sample shows how you can do this in a grid. It created a DataSet from the NorthWind database with Custoemrs and Orders table. It also implements multiple record selection in a grid. Please refer the sample and let me know if you are looking something different.

Here is a path.
\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\MultipleRecordSelection\

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon