We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to freeze a cell in order to prevent scrolling out of view

Hi,

I have two queries regarding the Grid behaviour. I have a table with 10-15 columns and only few columns are in view at a time. Now using tab or arrow key I move to the nabiouring cell and it works fine. But as soon as I reach to last visible cell than on next tab the first column goes out of view and next column come into view. I want to freeze the first column so that it never goes out of view. Is there any way to do that.

Also I have a grid with covered cells. Now using tab when I move to next column than the next column which comes in view is only partial and not full. Is there any way to make the cell come into view completely and not partially on pressing tab.

Thanks and Regards
Prashant Agarwal

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2006 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Prashant,

You can freeze rows or columns by using FrozenCount property. The grid.Model.Cols.FrozenCount and the grid.Model.Rows.FrozenCount to freeze columns and rows respectivley in DataBoundGrid. Kindly refer to this KB article on How can I freeze Columns or Rows in the Grid? for details.

Best Regards,
Haneef

PR Prashant November 30, 2006 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for the reply, that indeed solved my problem. Now can you also tell me if there is any way to make sure the covered cells comes in view completely when we use Tab.

As I have a grid with covered cells. But when I press Tab it only bring one cell (of the covered cell) in View and not the complete covered cell. Is there any way to make sure that whole covered cell come in view.

Thanks and Regards
Prashant Agarwal

>Hi Prashant,

You can freeze rows or columns by using FrozenCount property. The grid.Model.Cols.FrozenCount and the grid.Model.Rows.FrozenCount to freeze columns and rows respectivley in DataBoundGrid. Kindly refer to this KB article on How can I freeze Columns or Rows in the Grid? for details.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2006 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Prashant,

This behavior is by design. But you can change it by handling the QueryNextCurrentCellPosition. Please refer to the below forum thread for more details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=52492

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon