We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Event handling

I'm using the databound grid. I need all the grids on all my forms to implement changes to other controls base on the selection of the grid row. Is there a generic model or object that I can attach/bind to the databound grid that can handle this common event on every grid? Thanks for your help G.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2003 08:26 PM UTC

I am not sure I understand, but I don't think there is any special grid functionality for this. Maybe you could just use the standard event processing. For example, if you want to catch the action of either entering a row or leaving a row, you can subscribe to the RowEnter or RowLeave events for the GridDataBoundGrid. Then if you want to notify other controls of this action, you could have the other forms (controls) subscribe to this same event. If you need to pass special information, you could create your own event with specail event args that you could fire from this event. Then the other forms (controls) could subscribe to your event to receive the proper information to act on.

GR Grer June 25, 2003 08:36 PM UTC

I'm looking for something like the cellrenderer object. So there is no way to do this unless I put it in the Syncfusion grid source code or just make one method and have the grids all point to it for the row change event method. I guess the other way to do this is to wrap the databound grid with a composit control and put my code in. So you have any other suggestions? Thanks G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon