We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dynamically initiate column drag?

I'm writing a data import utility for my application and what I'd like to do is mimick the Field Chooser functionality of Outlook. I'll have a collection of fields from my database that can be mapped on top of the columns in the flat datasource. What I'd like to do is as they drag a column from the pallette onto the grid I'd like to dynamically create a GridBoundColumn and put it in the drag phase. Can this be done? Also, just noticed that you included a sample of the 2.0 grid (grouping) and it looks awesome! Is the 2.0 Suite in beta and if so can I get a copy for evaluation (I'm a customer)? Thanks, Sean

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2003 03:38 PM UTC

Hi Sean, can you open a support incident? Then we can give you access to a first beta once it is available in two weeks or ealier. I think that will also help you with the field chooser. In the grouping demo we have a similar situation where the grid allows you to drag a column header from the grid into the GroupBy area (which itsself is also a grid). You will have to set Control.Capture = true for the originating control. While dragging the mouse over the grid you have to check the cell below the cursor. But as I said you could just take our code as an example implementation then. That would be easier then explaining it here. Stefan

SG Sean Greer June 25, 2003 03:48 PM UTC

Stefan, Given that the utility is a future development effort, I can wait for the 2.0 Suite. I'll open an incident for the beta. Thanks, Sean

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon