We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Change the width of a GroupBar

Hi,

I'm using a Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupBar.
My page is with right to left property set to true.

When the application is running, I try to change the width of the groupbar.

In the document there are 3 pictures.
1 - before I start dragging.
2 - I clicked the mouse and drag it to the RIGHT!
as you can see in the picture, the GroupBar is getting bigger, although I try to make it smaller by dragging to the right.
3 - after the drag, the groupbar is bigger.

What do I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Ronnie

GroupBar1.zip

5 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 06:28 PM UTC

Hi Ronnie,

I am afraid, we were not able to reproduce the issue here. It would be nice if you provide the sample, used to take screenshots, and the Essential Studio version details that you are using. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

RK Ronnie Kleinfeld November 23, 2006 01:05 PM UTC

Hi,

I created a solution with an example.
This is the exact design of the gui in my application.

There is an mdi.
In the child form the is a groupbar, you can try to change the width of the groupbar.
Also, try to dock the docking comment user control, the docking is not looking good.

Thanks,
Ronnie.

>Hi Ronnie,

I am afraid, we were not able to reproduce the issue here. It would be nice if you provide the sample, used to take screenshots, and the Essential Studio version details that you are using. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

GroupBarRTL.zip

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 05:37 PM UTC

Hi Ronnie,

I have gone through the sample. It is not a bug in GroupBar control. You have set Form.RightToLeft = true. You have used dragSplittter in the sample. When RightToLeft = ture, the dragSplitter behaviour is changed like this.

Herewith I have attached the sample. In this I have used windows controls only namely dragSplitter and Panel. Please refer the sample and let me know if you have any other issues.
GroupBarRTL.zip 
Thanks,
Murugan P.S

RK Ronnie Kleinfeld November 26, 2006 01:10 PM UTC

Hi,

Your saying there is a problem with .Net 2.0
What are you suggesting me to do?

Ronnie

>Hi Ronnie,

I have gone through the sample. It is not a bug in GroupBar control. You have set Form.RightToLeft = true. You have used dragSplittter in the sample. When RightToLeft = ture, the dragSplitter behaviour is changed like this.

Herewith I have attached the sample. In this I have used windows controls only namely dragSplitter and Panel. Please refer the sample and let me know if you have any other issues.
GroupBarRTL.zip 
Thanks,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team November 27, 2006 09:18 PM UTC

Hi Ronnie,

It is not a bug in .Net2.0. Splitter control is designed like that. it's dragging behaviour is changed when Form.RightToLeft = true.
When Form.RightToLeft is false, dragging to left increases the width. While Form.RightToLeft = true, dragging the control to right decreases the width.
Splitter control behaviour is designed in the way to respond when Form.RightToLeft = ture.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon