We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Deployment

Hi, I have installed the 1.6.1 Grid app on my computer and have developed something I would like to test on another computer to run. I am not sure how to go about installing the Grid dll's on the client computer. With Crystal Desicions, they provided a msm file which I used to create a simple seperate install msi file which installed that package and put it in the GAC. Then I was able to use the Crystal Desicions libraries without any more trouble. I am not sure how to install the Syncfusion DLL's. I have it references in my library which I use to perform all of our tasks. But the end application only has the copy of my library and not the 2 Syncfusion libraries (even in the Copy Local mode). Is there a way that I could just create a seperate install msi file to install the 2 DLL's into GAC?

2 Replies

AA Akshay Arora June 25, 2003 03:09 PM UTC

I have answered my own question. One way to do this is to deploy the Syncfusion libraries in it's own install package which is what I am doing. When you create a Setup & Deployment project, you have to right-click on the File System on Target Machine tree item, and add the Global Assembly Cache Folder, then you just add your Syncfusion DLL's you need and make sure they go into the GAC Folder. Then install the MSI file you compile. No folder will be created, only gac changes will be made. Works great!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 27, 2003 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Akshay, Thanks for the information. We are planning to make merge modules available with version 2.0. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon