We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to sort Multiple Columns in Grid Data Bound Grid

Hi,

We tried to sort on multiple coloumn of the syncfusion GridDataBoundGrid.Is there any sample code of achieving this functionality,if yes,post it on this site and to mail asap.

Thanks
Hazrat

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Tannearu,

Here is a KB on multicolumn sorting in a GridDataBoundGrid.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=110

Best Regards,
Haneef

TH Tannearu Hazarathaiah Gupta November 22, 2006 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,
Thanks for your reply.

'create and wire the sorthelper object sortHelper = New GridMultiColSortHelper.GridMultiColSortHelper() sortHelper.WireGrid(Me.gridDataBoundGrid1, True)

but this code is not working as it was asking the namespace for the GridMultiColSortHelper class.

could u pls tell the required namespace

Thanks
Hazarathaiah

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Hazarathaiah,

The attached sample implements the multicolumn sorting in a grid. It uses the GridMultiColSortHelper class to sort the columns. Please refer to the attached sample for more details.

Sample with NameSpace: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/MultiColumnSort_e152b3d8.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

TH Tannearu Hazarathaiah Gupta November 22, 2006 01:36 PM UTC

Hi,

Could you pls help me to get fill my GroupingGrid programaticall insted of binding it to a datasource.

I need to fill it at run time with the provided data through loop.

thanks,
Hazrat

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 08:33 AM UTC

Hi Tannearu,

The grouping grid currently has no support for dispaying data without using datasource / sourcelist. But you can do this by using the GridControl. In GridControl, you need to use the populate method, please refer to the Grid Population Browser Sample for more details.

Here is a path.
[instal drive] \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.25\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\GridPopulationSample\

The GridPopulationSample will step you through three ways of populating an Essential Grid. The first technique just loops through the cells and uses an indexer on the GridControl to set the values. The second, uses the PopulateValues method that optimally places data from a datasource into a grid range. The last, technique uses an Essential Grid in a virtual manner. When you run this sample, you can specify the size of the grid that is to be populated and then you can time all three methods to compare the performance.

Thanks for your patience.
Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon