We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

dynamic filter !!!

Hello here is my question How to have a dynamic filter? in another words, how to show (in the combobox filter) ONLY the values of the VISIBLE rows... thanks a lot lobrys

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2003 11:58 AM UTC

You can handle the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event, and swap the drop list out at that point. Here is a rough try at it. private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell; if(cc.ColIndex > 0 && cc.RowIndex == 1) //filterrow { GridComboBoxCellRenderer cr = cc.Renderer as GridComboBoxCellRenderer; if(cr != null) { StringCollection sc = new StringCollection(); sc.Add("(none)"); for(int i = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.TopRowIndex; i <= this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ViewLayout.LastVisibleRow; ++i) { string s = this.gridDataBoundGrid1[i, cc.ColIndex].FormattedText; if(sc.IndexOf(s) == -1) sc.Add(s); } cr.ListBoxPart.DataSource = sc; } } }

LO lobrys June 30, 2003 04:26 AM UTC

Thanks a lot everything works as I want Lobrys

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon