We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Handling Negative Values in Bounded Grid

Hello
I have a bounded grid . The Cell type is Currency . I have writtem the code as

Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CellType = "Currency"
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyNumberDigits = 3
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyDecimalDigits = 1
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.CurrencySymbol = ""
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NullString = ""
The problem is If i put a Negative value then in that case the cell text gets RED . Is there any way I can restric the user to put negative values . I hope I have made u understand the problem .

Regards
Lokesh

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Lokesh,

The following code states how to set the NegativeSign, NegativeColor and CurrencyNegativePattern of the currency cell in a grid. Please try this and let me know if you are looking something different.

Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NegativeColor = Color.Black
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NegativeSign = string.Empty;
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyNegativePattern = 1;

Best Regards,
Haneef

LO Lokesh November 21, 2006 12:05 PM UTC

Hello Haneef
Thanks for the Answer but I dont want the user to put any negative values . That means my grid cell should accept only positive values .

regards
lokesh

>Hi Lokesh,

The following code states how to set the NegativeSign, NegativeColor and CurrencyNegativePattern of the currency cell in a grid. Please try this and let me know if you are looking something different.

Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NegativeColor = Color.Black
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NegativeSign = string.Empty;
Qualification.GridBoundColumns(GridColumns.ScheduledHours).StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyNegativePattern = 1;

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Lokesh,

You can acess the GridCurrencyTextBox control and handle the CurrencyTextBox.KeyValidate event to cancel the '-' key in a currency cell. Here is a code snippet to show this.

private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellControlGotFocus(object sender, ControlEventArgs e)
{
GridCurrencyTextBox cCurrencyTextBox = e.Control as GridCurrencyTextBox;
if( cCurrencyTextBox != null)
cCurrencyTextBox.KeyValidate +=new KeyValidateEventHandler(cCurrencyTextBox_KeyValidate);
}
private void cCurrencyTextBox_KeyValidate(object sender, KeyValidateEventArgs e)
{
if( e.Key == '-')
e.Cancel = true;
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon