We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XLSio Chart set %age labels and Adjusting Bar height of a column clustered Graph

I am using XLSio to generate a chart in excel which we'll use in Crystal Reports as an OLE Object.

In the chart we wish to display %age in the label for Value Axis instead of the amount separated in steps, for which the graph is getting generated.
Also the blue bar height needs to be set always at 100% level, and the adjoining bar's height be adjusted according to the reference value.

The sample chart we need is attached in zip

goal.zip

4 Replies

SD Saurabh Dua November 17, 2006 07:18 AM UTC

Hi all

I managed to show %age , by caculating the formulas myself.

But the problem now is datatable is also showing the value in %age, as 100% and so on, but i want the table under it to show actual value in Dollar
the sample as well as code is attached
Please guide

goal1.zip

CP Chella Pandian B Syncfusion Team November 17, 2006 07:28 PM UTC

Hi Saurabh Dua

I can understand your need. You want the Chart to be represented in Percentage (%) and the Data table should contain the values in Dollar ($). What happens here is that we are trying to modify the Data table content after generating the chart? Which is possible, but again the chart will be modified according to the Data table.

So it is impossible to do so. We can’t even do this in Ms-excel. We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience.

If you don’t mind can I give you a suggestion? If you want a different data table for a chart we can create a embedded chart with in a sheet and below it in the excel sheet we can create our own table with the same series name, color and with our Own value. Or we can have 2 chart one for % and another for $ in the same sheet.

Let me know any other difficulties.

With regards,
Chella

PS Peruri Srinivasulu June 22, 2016 06:34 PM UTC

Hi,

I need a add a percentage column in the excel file using xlsio. Could you please specify the number format to be set for this column

Requirement: When user enters text into this cell, automatically % sign should get added
validation: Should restrict the user to enter value between 1 and 100.

Regards.

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team June 23, 2016 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Peruri, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have prepared the sample as per your requirement. The sample can be downloaded from following link. 

Kindly try this sample and let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon