We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Maintaining state of expanded grid

My form has a hierarchical grid that needs to be refreshed after a dialog displayed on top is set to nothing. I need to be able to re-display the grid in the same state that the user left it at. For example, multiple rows may have been expanded prior to displaying the dialog. When the grid is re-displayed, the same rows should still be expanded. Any ideas on the best course of action?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2003 07:23 PM UTC

Attached is a sample the retains the expand states of a grid before and after a sort. During a Sort, there is a LisChanged.Reset done, whcih caused the grid to reset itself, and this causes a painting problem where a BeginUpdate does work to freeze the painting. To avoid this problem, this sample uses a Win32 API call. If you just want to save and restore the expand states, you may not need this additional technical code.

RS Russell Simmons June 23, 2003 07:47 PM UTC

Thanks. I'll try this out. > Attached is a sample the retains the expand states of a grid before and after a sort. > > During a Sort, there is a LisChanged.Reset done, whcih caused the grid to reset itself, and this causes a painting problem where a BeginUpdate does work to freeze the painting. To avoid this problem, this sample uses a Win32 API call. If you just want to save and restore the expand states, you may not need this additional technical code. > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon