We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Delay when switching MDI tabs

Hi, I have an application with many Mdi tabs. When I try to activate a tab, there is a delay (at least 1 sec.). The delay is not present in the MDITabbed example. I put a breakpoint in the MDIChildActivate event and I have the same delay, so the hole is before this event. I thought it was lost while painting the form (because it contains many graphics...) but I have the same behavior when I use a second tab group (no paint event raised I suppose!) Any idea what is called before MDIChildActivate? Something parsing the controls of the form and painting them even if it's not usefull? Thanks, Sebastien

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2002 11:18 AM UTC

I tried putting some trace messages in the Paint and Layout handlers of the child forms in our sample and when you activate a form, they get hit only on that form. I looked at the TabbedMDIManager code and I didn't find anything that could cause this delay. Did you check if this happens even in a normal cascade layout, for example? -Praveen

SL Sebastien Lange July 4, 2002 09:30 AM UTC

I tried in normal cascade layout and the same pbm occurs. If the paint event of all the controls on the activated form is called, then maybe it takes a lot of time to draw my graphical control (many images). Sebastien. Remark: it should be nice to receive a mail when someone answers your question in the forums. There are 2 msg in the general forum, maybe nobody is responsible to answer it? I'm also intersted in your tracking bug system.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2002 11:19 AM UTC

Hmmn. I thought our system did send out reminder emails when someone answered the questions. I will double check regarding this. Yes, since this is a general forum no one is responsible for replying to these messages. But our developers and support engineers frequently visit these and make sure questions are answered. We do have plans of productizing our online support system. But, we don't have a time frame for it, yet. What time frame do you have in mind? Would you be more interested in it as a outsourced-webservice or as a in-house installation? Regards, -Praveen Ramesh

SL Sebastien Lange July 5, 2002 03:26 PM UTC

In fact I have a component that will be sold soon. The use of a bug tracking system will depend on the number of bugs and support requested I will receive. So maybe I'll need it, maybe not... It's too early for me to say what kind of installation could be the best. Sebastien

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon