We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

printing and debug problems

First off, I am rendering XSLT into a StringWriter and trying to figure out how to get it printed with more that just the first page. I am not using a form, this is all console, does anyone have any ideas? Also, in trying to get this problem solved I have unsuccessfully attempted to get the .DLL's in debug mode so I can step through the code there. Each time I open up the HTMLUIPrintDocument, attatch it to the .exe that I have runnging that is using HTMLUIPrintDocument and try to place a breakpoint, I get an error like so:

"breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document"

any help is much appreciated, thanks.

5 Replies

PM Patick Mallahan November 3, 2006 10:24 PM UTC

I am coming across another problem now. For some reason if I use an existing control to print something, it will write the top half of a sentence on the one page and the bottom half on the other, how do I keep this clipping from occuring? Also, again, I am trying to pass a String Writer to LoadFromString and get more than one page to pring.

>First off, I am rendering XSLT into a StringWriter and trying to figure out how to get it printed with more that just the first page. I am not using a form, this is all console, does anyone have any ideas? Also, in trying to get this problem solved I have unsuccessfully attempted to get the .DLL's in debug mode so I can step through the code there. Each time I open up the HTMLUIPrintDocument, attatch it to the .exe that I have runnging that is using HTMLUIPrintDocument and try to place a breakpoint, I get an error like so:

"breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document"

any help is much appreciated, thanks.

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team November 7, 2006 04:05 PM UTC

Hi Patrick,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you.

Could you please provide us with the sample and .xslt file that you have used in loading HTMLUI control?

Steps to get the assemblies in Debug mode:

Build manager:

1) Run the build manager from following location to build the source code.
Start -> All programs -> Syncfusion -> essential studio 4.3.0.30 -> utilities -> Build manager

2) Choose the appropriate Framework version, product, product type and assembly type as debug and Click “perform build” to build the source code.

Assembly manager:

3) Run the assembly manager from the following location to install the build assemblies.
Start -> All programs -> Syncfusion -> essential studio 4.3.0.30 -> utilities -> Assembly manager

4) Choose assembly type as debug mode and action as install version 4.3.0.30. Click “perform action” to install the build assemblies in GAC and in public assembly.

Please let me know if you are able to debug through the source code.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ramu.K

PA Patrick November 17, 2006 09:10 PM UTC

Tried all of that to no avail. Here are the steps I am going through:

1. compile my project using the HTMLUI objects
2. Run the EXE in the bin\Debug directory
3. Open the HTMLUI source code in Visual Studio and attatch the IDE to my EXE

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team November 18, 2006 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Could you please try the below steps?

I assume that you are using the 1.1 framework.

1) Build the Syncfusion assemblies, in the mentioned order, in the 'debug' mode,

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Base\Shared.Base(, MIME.Base, Scripting.Base, HTMLUI.Base)\Src\*_2003.csproj

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Windows\Shared.Windows(, HTMLUI.Windows)\Src\*_2003.csproj

2) Now copy the assemblies from,

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Base\Shared.Base(, MIME.Base, Scripting.Base, HTMLUI.Base)\bin\*.dll

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Windows\Shared.Windows(, HTMLUI.Windows)\bin\*.dll

to the public assemblies folder(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies).

The assemblies include,
Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll,
Syncfusion.MIME.Base.dll,
Syncfusion.Scripting.Base.dll,
Syncfusion.HTMLUI.Base.dll,
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows.dll,
Syncfusion.HTMLUI.Windows.dll.

3) Drag and drop these assemblies from the public assemblies folder in to the GAC(C:\windows\Assembly).

Now, you no need to include the above source projects, with the application project, to enter in to the concerned source. You can just place break points in the application project alone and it will enter in to the Source by default. This is because the source for these assemblies are found in the local machine.

Please try these and let us know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Nanda

PA Patrick November 20, 2006 02:28 PM UTC

That works! Seems like I had already done this though. Well, good news though, I am using Visual Studio 2005 and my project is .NET 2.0 and your instructions worked. Thanks a bunch!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon