We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tabbed MDI - Navigate Forward/Backward

My application makes extensive use of the tabbed MDI functionality. I would like to add "Navigate Forward" and "Navigate Backward" toolbar buttons similar to those found in VisualStudio.NET. Is there a simple way of doing this?

2 Replies

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team November 3, 2006 09:04 PM UTC

Hi Scott,

Adding the default Navigation Button to the toolbar is not possible. But you can navigate the MdiTab using your own code. I have created a sample and attached here. Please refer the attached sample.

TabbedMdiNavigate 

Also You can add the Navigation control to TabbedMdi. If you are using 4.2 or below, you can use TabControlAdded event and set the Visible property of the NavigationControl to true.

Ex:
private void TabControl_Added(object sender, TabbedMDITabControlEventArgs e)
{
e.TabControl.NavigationControl.Visible = true;
}

In upcoming version 4.4 the NavigationControl property has been changed as TabPrimitives. TabPrimitives provides more flexibility and it allows users to add any number of buttons in the TabPanel. You can comment out the NavigationControl code in the designer generated code and compile the solution to make it work properly TabPrimitives can be made visible by setting TabPrimitivesHost.Visible property to true.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team November 3, 2006 09:29 PM UTC

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the broken link in my previous update.

Here is the link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TabbedMdi_ab44d342.zip

Thank you,
S.Gopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon