We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Popupmenu for the whole grid (including cell editors)

Hi, In the attached example, I have a popup menu and a popup menu manager. I have associated the popup menu to the grid. Once I run this the popup menu comes up only if I am not in a cell editor. If you left click in a cell, the text field comes up. Then if I right click the popup menu does not come up. Is there any way to get my popup for all the cells in the grid including when editing in a cell? And also disable my popup when I am on the header. I tried OnMouseDown even for grid control. Using this I can control when (like header cells) the poup can comeup. But I am not able to control when it should go away or not able to display it when right clicking in the cell text editor. Any pointers?? thanks, - Reddy

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 19, 2003 06:12 PM UTC

Reddy, Here is a link to a sample that I think will work for any case. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/contextmenus.zip It uses the grid_MouseUp event to handle all right clicks that the grid catches (which include the checkbox case), and dynamically hooks the cellcontrol_MouseUp in CurrentCellControlGotFocus and unhooks it in CurrentCellControlLostFocus.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 22, 2004 03:28 PM UTC

when i try to run this sample i get the following error an unhandled excetpion of type ''system.componentmodel.licenseexception'' occurred in system.dll additional info: a valid license cannot be granted for the type of syncfusion.windows.forms.grid.gridmodel. contact the manufacturer of the component for more info. am i missing something that i need to make this work???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 22, 2004 06:17 PM UTC

I was able to open the http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/contextmenus.zip link and build things using 2.0.5.0. Can you create a new sample project and drop a grid on it without seeing this error? If you cannot create a new project, did you install beta versions of 2.0 higher the the release candidate 2.0.3.0? If so, did they create a folder such as 2.0.4.0 or 2.0.4.1 in the Syncfusion path? If they did, then you should uninstall 2050, delete the 2040 (or 2041 folder). Then reinstall 2050. This should force you to enter an unlock key which is teh trick to getting things installed properly.

PB Philip Bishop April 23, 2004 10:31 AM UTC

Yes I can drop a new grid on a form and have it work ok. Yes aslo i had versions 2.0.2.0, 2.0.3.0, and a version jay sent of 2.0.0.116. I didnt uninstall any of those and when i installed 2.0.5.0 yesterday it did come up with the unlock key and wanting me to enter it???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2004 12:38 PM UTC

I tried loading and building that sample on 3 systems here with 2050 installed, and do not see this error on any system. Since you can create a new project, try creating a new C# project, drag a GridControl into teh form, close the form and delete the resx file from the solution explorer window in VisStu (may have to click Show All FIles to see it). The copy the Form.cs file from that sample project into your new project folder, replacing the dummy file there.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon