We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus - problems merging menus

I have a MDI container form and a child. I am trying to merge the child menu with the parent menu but it doesn't work. I am able to add a completely new parent item to the menu but I cannot add/merge items into an existing parent menu item. I have tried the sample and that seems to work fine. If I run the customization dialog then the merge items magically appear in the menu as they should but as soon as I am finished customizing they disappear again... Any ideas?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 2, 2002 07:23 PM UTC

I am assuming you are merging by providing the ParentBarItem in the child Form the same Text and MergeOrder as the one in the mdi container. After you do this, during runtime, the two like ParentBarItems will be merged into one. However, the items belonging to the child Form will only be shown when the child Form is active. If this is not the behavior you see, please attach a sample. Thanks -Praveen Ramesh Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon