We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Virtual TreeViewAdv

Is it possible to use the treeview in a virtual mode, so that I only need to supply nodes for the "viewable" portion of the tree?

Thanks

9 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 25, 2006 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have TreeViewAdv.LoadOnDemand property. When set LoadOnDemand to true, all the nodes will have the plus-minus set to visible to begin with. You should then handle the BeforeExpand event of the nodes and add subnodes to the respective nodes. The tree will then keep or hide the plus-minus based on whether or not children were added.This provides you a way to delay loading nodes in trees until the user initiates a node expand. Herewith I have attached the sample for your reference. Please go through the sample and let me know if we understand the requirements properly.
Virtual Tree 

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

BH Brian Hublein December 23, 2008 09:04 PM UTC

Hi,

I know this is an old message but I just found it doing a search. I use your controls and they work great. :-)

I was wondering if there was any plan to implement a virtual mode for the tree control like the MS ListCtrl has. I understand you can use the LoadOnDemand but it doesn't help when there are ~50000 nodes under one branch. It would be nice if the nodes could just be asked for when they are scrolled into view. In some cases it can take almost a minute to expand a tree node.

Thanks,
Brian

>Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have TreeViewAdv.LoadOnDemand property. When set LoadOnDemand to true, all the nodes will have the plus-minus set to visible to begin with. You should then handle the BeforeExpand event of the nodes and add subnodes to the respective nodes. The tree will then keep or hide the plus-minus based on whether or not children were added.This provides you a way to delay loading nodes in trees until the user initiates a node expand. Herewith I have attached the sample for your reference. Please go through the sample and let me know if we understand the requirements properly.
Virtual Tree 

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 31, 2008 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Virtual mode TreeView - Performance issue when 50000 nodes used under each branch.

We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis. We will update you with our Development Team’s response in two business days.

TreeNode - Scroll into view

You can use the method BringIntoView() of TreeNodeAdv as follows.

[C#

this.treeViewAdv1.Nodes[index].BringIntoView();

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2009 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Performance issue with virtual mode TreeView

This issue is suspected to be a defect. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for further analysis. We will update you more details within two business days.

Please let me know if you require further details.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2009 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

The issue 'Performance issue with virtual mode TreeView' has been confirmed as a defect and has been logged as a defect report. The fix for this issue will be available on Feb 12th.

Please let me know if any concern.

Regards,
Jaya

BH Brian Hublein February 11, 2009 05:12 PM UTC

Jaya,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I have been working on something else.

Is this fix still going to be available on teh 12th? What exactly is the fix?

Thanks,
Brian

>Hi Brian,

The issue 'Performance issue with virtual mode TreeView' has been confirmed as a defect and has been logged as a defect report. The fix for this issue will be available on Feb 12th.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2009 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

The fix for this issue is expected to be available in Feb 18th and this fix will be included in the weekly development build which refers to the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Regards,
Jaya

BH Brian Hublein February 12, 2009 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Jaya,

Thats great! So this new build is going to include a virtual tree view that works like virtual list view from MS that I described?

Thanks,
Brian

>Hi Brian,

The fix for this issue is expected to be available in Feb 18th and this fix will be included in the weekly development build which refers to the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2009 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the update.

We have requested our development team to improve the performance of virtual mode TreeView when each branch contain more than 30,000 nodes since it takes more than a minute to expand.

Please let me know if you require any details.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon