We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid columns

I want to fix the column headers to the top of the control. I have currently fixed the size of the control and when there is no data, the columns are displayed at the bottom of the control. Also when you scroll I want to always see the column headers, at the moment when you scroll down the columns get hidden.

Can you please tell me how to do this.

Cheers,

Michael

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 08:06 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

You can set the ForzenRows property of our grid accordingly and avoid hiding the headers when scrolling. When setting the Frozen rows only the other rows will be scrolled.

To apply Frozen rows through code

this.GridGroupingControl1.FrozenRows=3;

Please have a look at our Grid.grouping.web->Scrolling and Sizing->GridWidth and Sizing Sample in our online sample where you can set the Frozen rows and can get more details.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

JH John Hudai Godel November 12, 2008 12:24 AM UTC

We are eveluating your essential grid and am testing it's frozen column/row feature with 200 rows and 15 columns. When I freeze a column grid having very bad performance to scroll horizantally (also some vertically).

Is this a known issue?

Please let me know.

Sincerely
John H. Godel

>Hi Michael,

You can set the ForzenRows property of our grid accordingly and avoid hiding the headers when scrolling. When setting the Frozen rows only the other rows will be scrolled.

Please have a look at our Grid.grouping.web->Scrolling and Sizing->GridWidth and Sizing Sample in our online sample where you can set the Frozen rows and can get more details.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

JH James Hargis November 13, 2008 04:36 PM UTC

This is absolutely a known issue with scrolling and IE 7. They issued a patch today, and I've applied it, but I still don't see an improvement in performance at all. Have you tried the Nov.13 patch? And did it improve performance for you? We're desperately searching for answers.

Thanks,
James

>We are eveluating your essential grid and am testing it's frozen column/row feature with 200 rows and 15 columns. When I freeze a column grid having very bad performance to scroll horizantally (also some vertically).

Is this a known issue?

Please let me know.

Sincerely
John H. Godel

>Hi Michael,

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 06:33 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please refer the sample from the below link, with patch assemblies:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.4.0.15/Grid_Web_TableScroller/main.htm

Please check the above sample, it is clearly illustrating you that the TableScroller issue with IE 7.0 has been fixed with the patch given to you on Nov 13th.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon