We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

controls inside TableLayoutPanel inside TabControlAdv problem

Hi -
I am trying to use your tab control but have the following problem. When i have a control inside of a TableLayoutPanel inside of your tab control, the TableLayoutPanel.PerformLayout in the designer fires the form load event (before initialize component is done!). This only happens when the TableLayoutPanel is contained inside of your tab control, not Microsoft''s.

I have attached a sample demonstrating this. It contains one user control with your tabs and one user control with Miscrosoft''s tabs. Otherwise they are identical. Note that the user controls have a base class. You can see the problem if you load the different forms with these controls. With yours, the base class form load happens before the end of the intializecomponent call. With Microsoft, it happens after (as expected).
This firing of the load event before the end of initialize component causes lots of problems for our code and seems wrong in general. We really want to use your tabs, however. Microsoft''s are very ugly! Please help!

Please let me know if you don''t understand what i am trying to describe or have any problems with the sample.

Thanks,
Julie

TestTabs.zip

21 Replies

SA Saradha Syncfusion Team October 14, 2006 02:30 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We will investigate this issue and update you at the earliest.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
K.Saradha Devi.

SA Saradha Syncfusion Team October 16, 2006 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

We have identified it as a bug and logged a bug report #2861. Please track the status of this bug in the link below.
Defect #2861 - TableLayoutPanel's performLayout fires load event before initialize component.

We will fix this issue at the earliest and let you know. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Regards,
K.Saradha Devi.

JL Julie Levy October 16, 2006 05:05 PM UTC

Hi -
thanks for your response.
We are already waiting for a patch to fix some docking manager bugs introduced in version 4.3.0.30, 31.
Do you have any idea when this fix will be available? Will it be part of an upcoming patch being released soon or some future release further away? We cannot use your tab control at all until you fix this bug. We need to be able to layout a lot of controls in a table-like container inside of them. Any work arounds?
Thanks,
Julie

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 12:41 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

I have requested our development team to fix this issue with very high priority.

This fix will be included in the patch next week.

Regards,
Mano

JL Julie Levy October 18, 2006 08:40 PM UTC

Thanks!

JL Julie Levy November 1, 2006 12:44 AM UTC

Hi -
i just ran the same sample updated with the latest patch (4.3.0.34) and see the same behavior. Is the fix not in this build?
Thanks,
Julie

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team November 1, 2006 10:41 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. This issue is not fixed yet. We are looking into this issue with high priority. It will be fixed within this week.

Thanks,
Mano

JL Julie Levy November 12, 2006 09:11 PM UTC

Hi -
any update? Will this be in the 4.4 release?
Thanks,
Julie

JL Julie Levy November 21, 2006 10:58 PM UTC

Hi -
4.4 Beta came out today. Is this fix in the release?
Thanks,
Julie

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Sorry for this delay in getting back to you.

The fix for the Defect # 2861 has been included in the V.4.4 Beta.

With this version, you can note that the events for Syncfusion tabs are fired as in the case of MS Tab Control.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

JL Julie Levy February 14, 2007 08:40 PM UTC

Hi -
we are still having a problem with this. I have re-attached the sample showing the problem. It happens when i comment out Application.EnableVisualStyles() in Main.
Our UI is a WinForm embedded in IE. We cannot enable visual styles - we have no Main.
Is there a work around or a fix you can make?
Thanks,
Julie

TestTabs1.zip

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 02:09 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the sample.

I tested this issue with the sample you have provided in Essential Studio 4.4.0.51, Win XP SP2, .NET 2.0 and I found it working fine even if the Application.EnableVisualStyles() is commented.

Could you please check whether the Essential Studio Assemblies in the GAC and Public Assemblies folder point to the same version and also make sure that all the previous versions are removed.

Please let me know if still the problem exists.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Golda

JL Julie Levy February 15, 2007 06:40 PM UTC

I was copying the dlls locally, but i undid that and recorded the behavior for you. It's the same sample i just sent, but with the dlls no longer local. Both the GAC and public assemblies have the same version and the load is clearly being called in the middle of initialize component.
Machine is XP, .Net 2.0

tabs.zip

JL Julie Levy February 15, 2007 06:41 PM UTC

Here's the updated sample used in the video

TestTabs2.zip

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 17, 2007 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

I regret for the delay in responding.

I tested this issue in another Windows XP machine with .NET 2.0 and Essential Studio Version 4.4.0.51 and I was able to see the issue of load events not being fired in correct order when TableLayoutPanel.PerformLayout() method is called inside InitializeComponent.

As a workaround, we can call the TableLayoutPanel.PerformLayout() method in the UserControl's Load event instead of calling in the InitializeComponent.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Golda

TestTabs3.zip

JL Julie Levy February 20, 2007 07:06 PM UTC

Hi -
Thanks for your response. This workaround fixes the sample but seems unreliable for our real environment. Changes to designer code often revert/return.
Will you log this as a defect to be fixed in your next release?
Julie

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 01:42 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update.

I have logged a bug report regarding this issue so that it would be fixed in the future release.

As a workaround, we can create the TableLayOutPanel programmatically in the UserControl Load event instead of using the designer.

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Golda

TestTabs4.zip

JL Julie Levy February 21, 2007 07:15 PM UTC

Thanks.
Again, this work around is fine for a simple sample, but we have a lot of data controls, more nested tables, panels, etc. and cannot create everything dynamically in the load method. We need the designer.
Please let me know when there's some idea of when this will be fixed.
Thanks,
Julie

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have forwarded this issue to the development team. I will get back to you within two days with the timeframe as to when the fix will be available.

Thanks for being patient.

Best Regards,
Golda

JL Julie Levy February 27, 2007 10:56 PM UTC

Hi -
any update?
Thanks,
Julie

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team April 4, 2007 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

We are sorry for the delay in providing the fix for this issue.
Could you please create a Direct-trac incident with subject "TableLayoutPanel's performLayout fires load event before initialize component-F50560". We will send you the bug fix details through Direct-trac.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon