We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ClickOnce Prerequisite

I saw in this thread:

http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=39739&TabID=

that you had created a ClickOnce Prerequisite MSI for version 4.2.0.37. Is that something you intend to keep up to date (e.g. 4.3)? Also, do you have any samples of how this could be used with MSBuild proj files (not using the VS2k5 Project Publish GUI)?

12 Replies

DB Donald Byrd October 13, 2006 11:12 PM UTC

RE the MSBuild question. What I really wish is that I could include a Bootstrapper file similiar to this:

Crystal Reports for .NET

.NET Framework 2.0 Beta

Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8

Which gets fed into the GenerateBootstrapper task as such:

..... />

DB Donald Byrd October 13, 2006 11:14 PM UTC

(SORRY, xml got eaten)

RE: the MSBuild question. What I really wish is that I could include a Bootstrapper file similiar to this:

Crystal Reports for .NET

.NET Framework 2.0 Beta

Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8

Which gets fed into the GenerateBootstrapper task as such:

..... />

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team October 17, 2006 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Don,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I am working on a ClickOnce sample using MSBuild and will update you in two days.

Regards,
Geetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2006 04:59 PM UTC

Polite Bump :)

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 3, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Don,

I feel sorry for not updating you earlier. I will get back to you with the sample by tomorrow.

Thanks and Regards,
Geetha

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 6, 2006 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Don,

The Syncfusion one touch install prerequisite can be used with MSBuild project files by including it in the BootStrapperItems. Please find attached the file bootstrp.xml, when run using msbuild, generates the setup and copies the package files from the location specified at the Path variable to the location specified at the OutputPath variable.

bootstrp.zip

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,
Geetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2006 07:04 PM UTC

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not clear on what the bootstraper configuration you provided is doing. Will setup.exe (the generated bootstrapper) now copy syncfusion dll's to the client machine so I don't need to include them in my application's manifest? The only comparison I have to go on is the Crystal Reports bootstraper which executes an msi that installs the redist dll's.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 14, 2006 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Don,

The bootstrapper configuration includes the ClickOnce Prerequisite created by us. You need to copy the syncfusion dll's to your application manifest. The setup exe will run the Syncfusion ClickOnce Prerequisite which grants full trust for the Syncfusion dll's alone and executes other specified bootstrapperitems and installs the application that need to deploy in the Client Machine.

You can download the source of Prerequisite MSI from the following link:
Source.zip

and the Setup project from the following link:
Setup1.zip

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Geetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2006 03:49 PM UTC

...and the Setup project from the following link:
Setup1.zip

-------------
Thanks for the reply. However, the second link (Setup1 / Setup1_c388057a.zip) doesn't work for me :(

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 15, 2006 04:43 AM UTC

Hi Don,

I regret for the inconvenience caused. Please download the Setup project from the following link:

Setup1.zip

Regards,
Geetha

GZ Gang Zhang May 13, 2008 06:14 PM UTC

Hi,

Can this setup be used by Essential Studio version: 4.4.0.51 without any modification?

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team May 18, 2008 07:08 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.

You can use the project and prepare a new installer with any version of Syncfusion assemblies. So, for any change in Syncfusion version, you need to include the new set of assemblies.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon