We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export Chart Image to Word

I would like to export a created Chart into Word using the DocIO tools. Can I do this? Also, can a Chart be saved in GIF or JPEG format?

Thanks.
David.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2006 06:25 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

Essential Chart can be exported to a Word document using DocIO library.

The chart which is exported to a Word document can be saved in following ways :

1) Any image format like GIF, EMF , JPG etc.,
2) File
3) In Memory Stream

Please try the attached sample which helps you to save the chart in JPEG format and export it into Word document.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jaya

ChartToDoc.zip

DA David A. Gonzales October 16, 2006 03:36 PM UTC

Jaya,
Thanks for the sample. I am having a bit more problems with my code. I noticed that you are using the Handler OutputFormat (I was using DiskFile in mine). I tried to use the Handler in my sample but I am not getting any image rendered (I get a series of outlines where the image(s) should be). I updated the Web.Config file thinking I needed to add a HttpHandler for the handler code. I tried to run my sample with the DiskFile OutputFormat but your code for building up the image file but again I get no image displayed (just the 600 x 600 outline of the image). I will download and try and run your sample with the output format set to Handler and see what I get. It's probably a setting that I am forgetting to set.

Thanks.
David.

DA David A. Gonzales October 16, 2006 03:43 PM UTC

Jaya,
I downloaded your sample and tried to run it and I get the same output in Word that I was getting before: No image, just an outline of where the image should be. I am running version 4.302.0.30. Do you think it might be the version of Word I am running? (Office 2000).

Thanks.
David.

DA David A. Gonzales October 16, 2006 03:53 PM UTC

Jaya,
I downloaded your sample and tried to run it and I get the same output in Word that I was getting before: No image, just an outline of where the image should be. I am running version 4.302.0.30. Do you think it might be the version of Word I am running? (Office 2000).

Thanks.
David.

DA David A. Gonzales October 16, 2006 04:15 PM UTC

Jaya,
I was able to get the Handler Output Format working on your sample (Had to move the httpHandlers code a bit). So, I can render the image (I am displaying the chart instead of just clicking the export to word button and building the chart). However, when I export I am still getting a blank image (just the outline). I looked at the image that was generated in the routine that saves the image to a file and it's ok. And I was able to manually import that image into WORD without any trouble. So the image is being generated but not getting over to Word correctly when the DocIO routines are used.

David.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 10:50 AM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not able to reproduce this issue.

Please, let me know how do you reproduce this issue?

If possible, please send me the sample which reproduces this issue.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Sureshbabu

EH Erik Huynh February 13, 2007 11:43 PM UTC

I am having the similar problem. Please let me know how you can solve it, and the sample code too, if possible.
Thanks a lot.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 06:55 PM UTC

Hi Erik,

Thank You for you interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please provide us with some more information with regard to the condition that you have mentioned here, so that it would help us in meeting your requirement exactly?

Thanks,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon