We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

drag drop TreeView

Hi,
I am working with the drag drop functinality fo the TreeView.
After dropping the node I want to check if the node I am dropping is right/wrong. If it is right not then no problem, but if it is wrong node then I want to cancel the process means I wont allow to drop the node. Is there any way I can handle this functionality?

Thanks,
Sandeep

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2006 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

I have attached a sample in which i have checked the condition to drop the child nodes of "MailBox" alone. "Personal Folder" child nodes cannot be dropped into MailBox.

In the ClientSideOnNodeDrop event, you can check your condition (as per your requirement specify the condition) and if it is satisfied, True will be returned and the node will be dropped else the function will be cancelled.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DragAndDrop.zip

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli

KG Kathy Gray January 11, 2008 10:26 PM UTC

Is there a way to do this on the server side?

Thanks, Kathy

>Hi Sandeep,

I have attached a sample in which i have checked the condition to drop the child nodes of "MailBox" alone. "Personal Folder" child nodes cannot be dropped into MailBox.

In the ClientSideOnNodeDrop event, you can check your condition (as per your requirement specify the condition) and if it is satisfied, True will be returned and the node will be dropped else the function will be cancelled.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DragAndDrop.zip

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 17, 2008 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Server side condition checking during node drop in TreeView.

I am able to see the issue of that you have mentioned here. But we do not have any server side event to check the condition during node drop and we have only TreeView_NodeDropped event which will be fired after the node is dropped in to the treeview. So I regret to let you know that it is not possible to check the condition in server side during the node drop. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Vishnu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon