We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

visable layout of Button Edit in a custom popup

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

5018 Jun 14,2003 01:34 PM UTC Aug 11,2003 12:16 PM UTC Windows Forms 4
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On June 14, 2003 01:34 PM UTC

Folks, I'm using SF popup controls (e.g. calendar, calculator), on a form with a custom popup. The custom popup uses the Button Edit control. How can I make the button edit control of the custom popup appear the same as the button in the SF provided popups? I'm at v1.6.0.6, designing on XP in VS2003. Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 15, 2003 12:48 PM UTC

BTW - I've created the manifest file, and that does change the appearance (at this point the down-arrow does not appear, only the button shape around it. I have also attempted the new .NET Framework 1.1 Application.EnableVisualStyles(), but this did not change the behaviour, and the application crashes on close of any dialog (see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwindowsformsapplicationclassenablevisualstylestopic.asp). Help! Thanks, Stephen P.S. The manifest file example in the windows forms FAQ is incomplete, and the referenced gotdotnet articles no longer exist (well, I was unable to find them). See instead: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvssamp/html/vbcs_xpthemesupport.asp > Folks, > > I'm using SF popup controls (e.g. calendar, calculator), on a form with a custom popup. The custom popup uses the Button Edit control. > > How can I make the button edit control of the custom popup appear the same as the button in the SF provided popups? > > I'm at v1.6.0.6, designing on XP in VS2003. > > Thanks >

Davis Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 16, 2003 07:05 PM UTC

Hi, The Buttons in the ButtonEdit do not support XP Themes in the current version. We are planning to implement this feature before the next major update to Essential Suite. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

Michelle
Replied On August 6, 2003 05:52 PM UTC

Try to put the line Application.DoEvents(); after Application.EnableVisualStyles(). Worked for me! Michelle _____________________ > BTW - I've created the manifest file, and that does change the appearance (at this point the down-arrow does not appear, only the button shape around it. > > I have also attempted the new .NET Framework 1.1 Application.EnableVisualStyles(), but this did not change the behaviour, and the application crashes on close of any dialog (see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwindowsformsapplicationclassenablevisualstylestopic.asp). > > Help! > > Thanks, Stephen > > P.S. The manifest file example in the windows forms FAQ is incomplete, and the referenced gotdotnet articles no longer exist (well, I was unable to find them). See instead: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvssamp/html/vbcs_xpthemesupport.asp > > > > > Folks, > > > > I'm using SF popup controls (e.g. calendar, calculator), on a form with a custom popup. The custom popup uses the Button Edit control. > > > > How can I make the button edit control of the custom popup appear the same as the button in the SF provided popups? > > > > I'm at v1.6.0.6, designing on XP in VS2003. > > > > Thanks > > >

Ramesh Praveen [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 11, 2003 12:16 PM UTC

Thanks for the update! Praveen

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;