We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

problems with DockingManager in release 4.3.0.31

Since we updated to the latest version, i have noticed some changes with the behavior of our docked tabbed controls. Do you have any documentation on the changes in more detail than the release notes?
Some specific problems: the dock label switches back to the control name in the designer code when you run and autohide the tabbed controls in the EndDockState event. I have attached a sample demonstrating this. See Form3.
I also have a question about getting the size of the controls which are autohidden. The code we were using before is also in Form3. If you hit the button to check the control size when it is docked and when it is autohidden, it is different. Also, when you set the size of the control and then autohide it in the EndDockState event, that size is not used when the control is afterwards docked by the user.
One final issue which i haven''t been able to reproduce in the sample. The EndDockState event is firing 2 times. Previously i was checking the LoadResult property in the event args and only running my code to set the size and autohide properties when it was true. Now LoadResult is always false, never true. What could make LoadResult be false?
Thanks,
Julie

DockedGrids1.zip

17 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

-Could you please be more specific on changes with the behavior of docked tabbed controls? so that we could investigate them further and send you a better answer.

-DockLabel issue:This was a known one and we had fixed immediately.

-Getting the size of the controls which are autohidden : We are able to reproduce the issue.It seems we need to calibrate the workaround which used to get the size to consider the height of caption and the Splitter control.
We will be adding a method GetControlSize in our source to resolve the issue.

-Setting the control''s size in AutoHidden mode is not working : It seems the procedure to get the size of control needs to be changed.We will implement the method to get size of control soon and check using that.

-The NewDockStateEndLoad event is firing 2 times :I was not able to reproduce the issue using your sample.Could you please double check your source for additional dockingManager1.LoadDockState() call?
This call will cause the event to fire again.

-LoadResult is always false : This is a known compatibility issue between versions 4.2 & 4.3.We have fixed this issue.Our next patch will contain the fix.

Please let me know,If I missed anything.
Regards,
Joy

JL Julie Levy October 9, 2006 05:42 PM UTC

Joy -
thanks for your quick response. Please let me know as soon as those fixes/additions are in a patch i can download.

As for the DockState stuff. I didn''t put that in the sample yet since it will take a lot of time to reproduce what we are doing in our product. All i know is that it is called twice, i don''t ever make a specific call to LoadDockState or even DockControl (they are docked in the designer), and the LoadResult used be be false then true, but now is false both times. What causes LoadDockState to be called internally? What can cause LoadResult to be false? I''ll see if i can reproduce the behavior in the sample.

Thanks,
Julie

JL Julie Levy October 9, 2006 05:43 PM UTC

Joy -
thanks for your quick response. Please let me know as soon as those fixes/additions are in a patch i can download.

As for the DockState stuff. I didn''t put that in the sample yet since it will take a lot of time to reproduce what we are doing in our product. All i know is that it is called twice, i don''t ever make a specific call to LoadDockState or even DockControl (they are docked in the designer), and the LoadResult used be be false then true, but now is false both times. What causes LoadDockState to be called internally? What can cause LoadResult to be false? I''ll see if i can reproduce the behavior in the sample.

Thanks,
Julie

JL Julie Levy October 18, 2006 08:42 PM UTC

I just heard that there will be a patch next week. Will these docking manager fixes, additions be included in this patch?
Thanks,
Julie

JL Julie Levy November 1, 2006 12:54 AM UTC

I have installed the latest patch (3.4.0.34). Where is the new GetControlSize method?

Thanks,
Julie

JL Julie Levy November 1, 2006 12:59 AM UTC

One more thing: i am still getting the LoadResult always equal to false issue.

JL Julie Levy November 3, 2006 04:14 PM UTC

Is there going to be any response to this thread or should i escalate the issue to an incident?
Thanks,
Julie

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team November 6, 2006 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

We apology for delay in get back you.

Getting the size of the controls which are autohidden: We increased the priority to fix this issue at the earliest.

LoadResult is always false:The issue is fixed. Currently we are under the testing phase of Docking windows for v.4.4 and these fixes will be included in that version. It will be released probably in this week.We will keep you informed when release is ready.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

JL Julie Levy November 6, 2006 08:41 PM UTC

thanks for the update.

JL Julie Levy November 21, 2006 11:00 PM UTC

Hi -
4.4 Beta came out today. Did "Getting the size of the controls which are autohidden" make it into the release?
Thanks,
Julie

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

The V4.4 Beta doesn't contain the fix for "Getting the size of the controls which are autohidden".Here is the link to track the status of the feature request implementation.
Feature Request #1280 - Need a method to get the size of control when in auto hidden / docked state

We will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

JL Julie Levy November 22, 2006 05:18 PM UTC

Thanks for your response.
Any ideas for workarounds (how best to compute the size) until this feature is added?

Also, what about the problem with setting the control's size in AutoHidden mode. Has that been addressed yet?
Thanks,
Julie

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Issue1-Getting the size of the controls which are autohidden

We will try workaround for this issue and keep you informed at the earliest.

Issue2- setting the control's size in AutoHidden mode

We will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed.

Thanks for using the Syncfusion product,

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 08:56 PM UTC

Any update?
Thanks,
Julie

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 11:48 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We really regret for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working on these issues with high priority. We will fix the issue soon and keep you informed.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

JL Julie Levy April 24, 2007 10:49 PM UTC

Hi -
Last i heard this was being worked on. Any update on whether it will be in the new release?
Thanks,
Julie

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Julie,

We are very much sorry for the delay in providing the fix for the issue you have reported. Could you please create a Direct-trac incident with subject line "Issue with setting the size in autohide mode - F50160 ". We will send you the bug fix details through our direct trac system.

Regarding the Feature Request #1280 [Need a method to get the size of the control when in auto hidden / docked state.], we have not included this in 5.1 version. I have increased the priority of this and forwarded this to our development team.

Best Regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon