We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CallbackPanel Question

Have a quick question. If you have a Callback Panel on a page can you update controls outside of the panel? I have a very simple example that takes a Listbox (in a CallbackPanel) and a button (also in the CallbackPanel) and I want to update a Textbox outside of the CallbackPanel with the selected text from the listbox. It will never update the Textbox until I move the Textbox control into the CallbackPanel.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
David.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 12:31 AM UTC

Hi David,

It is necessary for any control to be positioned inside the Callback Panel.

If you want to do so, then add another callback panel and add the TextBox into it.

If you want to refresh these two panels, then you can control the textbox by the use of CallbackMultiplexer control.

If you have any other queries, try to ask us, we are here to support you.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2006 04:17 PM UTC

David,

Note that if you just want to READ the contents of the ListBox into a Textbox on callback, then you just have to put the TextBox inside the CallbackPanel and invoke the callback on this CallbackPanel when you want to refresh the TextBox.

Your page will only need 1 CallbackPanel then.

-Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon