We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MonthCalendarExt Feature Request

Hi, In our application we want to have a monthly calendar feature where in the appointments, todo items etc. can be shown in each day cell. The current MonthCalendarExt control in Syncfusion.Tools uses grid control for displaying calendar. This is very good. It would be nice if there are hooks in place to let us render what ever (text, font, color etc)we want in each "DayCell" instead of displaying just date which is a "Static" cell type. Most of the methods in the MonthCalendarExt are marked as private. So even if I extend it, I can not override the existing methods. Please make all the grid event handlers "protected virtual" instead of "private". Also, please make the "grid" member variable protected so that it can be accessed in derived classes. thanks, - Reddy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2003 12:35 PM UTC

You can access the embedded grid using the virtual InitializeGrid method that passes as parameter the grid. In a future release, there will also be a draw event exposed, and things made easier to use. But now you can grab the grid, and use grid events like QueryCellInfo, PrepareViewStyleInfo, DrawCell and CellDrawn to customize the look of the cell.

TL Tam Ly June 13, 2003 04:19 PM UTC

Davis J gave me Essential Suite Vesrion 1.6.0.8 with the the DateCellQueryInfo event for the MonthCalendarExt. This allow me to access to e.Style object to change background colors and other stuffs. > You can access the embedded grid using the virtual InitializeGrid method that passes as parameter the grid. > > In a future release, there will also be a draw event exposed, and things made easier to use. > > But now you can grab the grid, and use grid events like QueryCellInfo, PrepareViewStyleInfo, DrawCell and CellDrawn to customize the look of the cell. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon